Chapter 4

Kyra

I woke up Saturday morning with heavy eyelids and a text from my dad saying he wouldn't be home, typical. I slipped into my slippers and trudged to my bathroom to brush my teeth. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs.

"Morning" I said to everyone and by everyone I meant Deck and Emilia, they were the only ones in the entire house to wake up before ten, even on a weekend.

"Good morning, sleep well?" Emilia asked

"Mm hmm" I walked to the fridge and pulled out a carton of orange juice, I rinsed two cups from the rack and sat next to Deck who was busy on his laptop, being the angel that I am, I poured him a glass of orange juice

"Thanks" Deck said before he took the cup and chugged down the contents. I picked up a slice of toast from his plates "I was gonna eat that you know"

"And I poured you a glass of Orange juice, remember" Deck rolled his eyes "watcha doing" I said with a mouthful of toast" Emilia glared at me, I gulped down the toast and mumbled "sorry".

"If you really must know I'm studying"

"For what?"

"A stupid course I have to pass" Deck said "after that I'm going to the beach with Brody" he lowered his voice "I heard that there a lot of chics here in Florida and from what I've seen I can tell they're hot, both inside and out" I rolled my eyes this time around.

"Why lower your voice when I can still hear you" Emilia said. That woman has ear's like a hawk.

"I'll be upstairs" Deck muttered, taking his laptop with him as he left the kitchen. As he left Brody entered the kitchen.

"Morning" he mumbled, he went directly to the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk, he opened the carton and drank from it

"Gross" I said, he just smirked and sat next to me

"What's for breakfast" Brody asked

"Toast" Emilia answered

"Again" Brody groaned "when's the cook coming"

"He should be here before today ends" Emilia answered

"Thank goodness" I mumbled, personally I was tired of pancakes, waffles, toast and every other little thing that Emilia calls food.

Apparently Emilia wasn't and still isn't skilled in kitchen work, some nanny she is.

After breakfast with Brody and Emilia, I retreated into my room and soaked myself in the bathtub. I spent about thirty minutes in the tub doing absolutely nothing. I got out of the bathtub and wore a cutoff jean and a grey shirt, then I curled up on my bed to read a novel.

"Hey, " Allen said sticking his head through the open door "Brody, Deck and I are going to the beach, let's go"

"No"

"I wasn't asking" he said walking into my room

"But I don't wanna go"

"I didn't give you a choice" Allen said "even if it means stuffing you in a sack"

"Yeah, right" I said ignoring him

"I mean it" Allen said

"Since when did you ever want me to go out with you" I said sitting up

"Since Emilia bribed us with home baked brownies and you know we can't refuse brownies especially the home baked ones" Making brownies is like the only edible Emilia could well

"We?"

"Brody's outside with the sack and Deck has gone to get sleeping pills"

"You came prepared" I said flatly