forty eight

• andrea •

"So," I awkwardly clear my throat when I'm left in the room with Samantha all alone. "Have you always hated me?"

She ignores me, picking at her black-painted nails with an emotionless face. I roll my eyes. I may be the weaker and smaller one in this situation, but my attitude and sass never leave.

"I've always known you were a bitter bitch, but I never saw this coming." I add, and once again I get ignored. I walk over to the door and put my ear against it, hoping to hear my favorite sound; Shawn's voice.

But I don't hear anything.

A minute passes and I start to hear someone running towards the door. I don't back away soon enough, because when the door is bursted open I fall backwards.

"Samantha, grab her and bring her to the van. We have to leave now, Shawn called the cops." I hear Bella order.

I jump to my feet faster than ever before only to have both of my wrists grabbed by Sam. I struggle under her hold as she pushes me forward. I use everything in me to try and wiggle my way out of her grasp but she ends up tying my wrists together so all I can use are my feet to kick her.

Eventually, I was pushed outside and dragged towards the van I was in before. I saw Shawn's car parked a few feet away and my heart filled with hope, but where is he?

• shawn •

I was officially out of breath as soon as I reached Andrea's front door. I skipped the whole knocking part and decided to burst right in, but it was locked. So I pounded my fists on it. "Mr. Dallas! Mrs. Dallas! Open the door, hurry!" I shouted.

I saw a light flick on and I stood there for about a minute bouncing up and down impatiently. The door swings open to reveal Andrea's dad in only a white t-shirt and plaid pajama pants.

"Shawn? What on earth are you doing pounding on our door at nearly midnight?"

I didn't even realize it was around midnight. I didn't have time to stop and think about that when I was busy shooting someone and speeding way faster than I should have been to get to Andrea.

"Sir, Andrea's in huge trouble because my ex-girlfriend is a psycho. Wait, you know who it is because it's your son's girlfriend. Yeah, Bella has been sending Andrea anonymous notes and text messages and Andrea met up with her tonight and you probably didn't even know that she was gone but she is and she needs help and I called the cops so that's why I ran here because my car broke down and I had no idea what to do and-"

"What is going on, David?!" Mrs. Dallas comes up behind her husband with a bewildered look on her face as I try to catch my breath.

"Mom?" Madison questions, coming up behind them next with furrowed eyebrows. Next comes Teala and Nash, then Hayes holding a scared Anna in his arms.

"Shawn, is that blood on your shirt?" Andrea's mom asks me in shock and I look down.

"Yeah, it is. Look I can't explain anything else. We have to go." I tell them in a more calm tone than before, and for a moment they all just stare at me. "I'm serious! The cops might not get there in time!"

"You stay here, I'll go with the boy. Stay with the kids." Mr. Dallas tells his wife as she covers her mouth with her hand, shaking her head from side to side.

"Dad, we want to come with." Madison says, gesturing between her, Teala, and Nash. I'm confused for a second, because since when did Madison give a shit about Andrea?

"No, you all stay here." he orders as he quickly puts a pair of shoes on. He grabs his keys and we rush to his car. Right as he starts up the car and is about to leave, Madison, Nash, and Teala hop into the backseat one by one. "I said to stay here! Dammit, let's just go. Shawn, where do I go?"

I give him directions until we pull onto the street of Bella's apartment. I could already see the flashing blue and red lights from cop cars as we pulled into the lot. My chest was rising up and down at a fast pace and the car was silent as Mr. Dallas stopped the car abrubtly.

We all pile out of the car as soon as it stops, and we run up to a few police standing around.

"Are one of you the young man who called us?" One of them asks.

"I am," I say and he looks towards me.

"You said apartment 503, correct?"

I nod.

"There's nobody in apartment 503. We scanned the whole place."

I look around, searching for the van that was here when I arrived, but it was no longer parked in the spot it was before. "The van.. It's gone. They left, she's gone." I say all at once as my eyes begin to water. I'm so tired and frustrated and upset. I have never wanted to hold someone in my arms so much as I want to with Andrea right now.

"What van? I need you to give us more detailed facts, boy."

"It was a red minivan," I gulp. "The girl who took her is tall with shoulder-length blonde hair and tan skin. The other girl has bright red hair and a whole bunch of piercings wearing all black."

The police officer says something into his walkie talkie and turns back to me. "Is there anything else we need to know?"

I shake my head, but then stutter out, "N-no, well, yeah. Behind the school down the road there may or may not be a recently shot boy."

The few police officers all give me a confused look and I explain how he had a gun and threatened to shoot me, but then told me it wasn't even a loaded gun. I told them how I soon realized that was a lie when I shot at him, and the bullet barely hit him but it still did some damage.

Two of the cops got into one of the cars to go investigate by the school, and I stood back with Andrea's family.

None of us knew what to do.

"How could this happen?" Nash asks, running a hand through his hair and talking mostly to himself.

I notice that Madison and Teala are both crying, which only confuses me further and I sigh.

Madison's tears turn into angry ones and she says, "That bitch! Nobody messes with Andrea except us."

God, do I hope we can get Andrea by the end of the night. I want her to know I'll always be here for her, and I want her to realize how much her family actually does love her. How much I love her.

xxxxxxxxx

Y'ALL IT'S MY BIRTHDAAAAAYYYYYYY

two chapters left!