forty six

• andrea •

Andrea: i need you to drive me somewhere tonight

Shawn: I have church in the morning

Andrea: i know. but we can find out who is behind these notes

Shawn: That's kinda scary. Are u sure you wanna do that?

Andrea: yes. how much harm could bella do?

Shawn: It's not bella.

Andrea: drive me tonight and we can find out.

Shawn calls me and we plan for him to pick me up at eight-thirty. We are meeting whoever is writing these notes (cough, cough, Bella) and we are meeting them behind my school. I texted the anonymous person a few days ago and told them I couldn't meet them on a school night, and now it is Saturday and I was officially meeting up with my stalker.

I picked the destination we would meet at because 1) I live right by the school and I didn't want Shawn to drive that far in the snow and 2) I thought it would be badass to meet my stalker behind my school at night.

I have a good two hours before Shawn will be picking me up. I'm filled with nerves, fear, and mostly thrill.

. . .

I run out of the house when I spot Shawn's car coming down my street. I slip on the ice as soon as I reach the bottom of the steps, but I catch myself before I fall on my ass. My backpack nearly weighed as much as me, and as I climbed into Shawn's car I almost fell back out due to the backpack nearly tipping me over.

He is laughing by the time I get inside safely, and I am breathing heavily. "You good?" he asks through chuckles.

"I guess," I laugh too, "I literally just almost died coming from my house to your car."

"What's in the backpack?" he asks curiously. We haven't moved out of my driveway yet, which we probably should have because my parents didn't know I left.

"I'll tell you in a second, but hurry up and drive!" I command and he obliges, pulling out of my driveway.

"Did you sneak out?" he asks.

"Not exactly. I just casually walked out of the house."

"How did you get away with that?" he asks me incredulously.

"Nobody notices when you do something casually," I explain my theory, "and also my family doesn't give a shit about me, so they wouldn't even notice I was gone."

"Stop saying things like that." Shawn frowns, reaching over and resting his hand on my leg. I warm up from the gesture, but he soon pulls away and says "Sorry, I need to drive with both hands or else we will get into an accident, I'm not kidding."

I then explain that I filled my backpack with bricks from my patio, because I didn't really know what kind of weapons I would need or if I would need any at all. He laughed at me after my explanation but oh well. These bricks could save our lives as far as I know.

We pull into the parking lot of my school, driving around to the back and parking. We sit there in silence until Shawn starts asking questions.

"When is this person coming?"

"Twenty minutes," I respond.

"What do we do until then?"

"Just talk, I guess. How was your day?"

"It wasn't so good." he tells me.

"Why's that?"

"I was worrying about you all day." he admits, reaching over to me again. This time, he grabs my hand and laces our fingers together, a small action that sets my heart beating a hundred times faster.