forty three

HOPEFULLY MY CHAPTERS DON'T MESS UP AGAIN UGH (if they do, u know the drill :-)

• shawn •

I was in such a good mood thanks to my school being cancelled today. On my way to Andrea's, I turned my radio way up and jammed the whole way there.

I nearly slid into her neighbor's mailbox, but I made it in her driveway all in one piece. I got out of my car and happily walked up to her front door, knocking a few times before Hayes answers the door.

"Where is Andrea?" I ask him.

"She was just upstairs fighting with Madison about a note or something, so probably still up there." he informs me and I nod, thanking him before running up her steps.

Her door is closed, so I softly knock on it and murmur an "Andrea," before stepping in. She is standing in the middle of her messy room, chewing on her fingernails. She looked afraid, anxious, jumpy, and stressed out.

"Hey babe... what's wrong?" I walk over to her, looking down at her in concern.

She doesn't make eye contact with me as she says, "Nothing."

Seconds later she starts crying and my eyes go wide as I pull her into an embrace. "Shit, what happened?"

"I- Shawn," she sobs, clinging to me like I am going to slip away from her. "Madison is messing with me, and I'm tired of it!"

"What is she doing?" I ask her, still holding her and scratching her back soothingly.

"She is trying to scare me or something." She explains through tears, removing her face from my chest and peering up at me. "I bet her and Teala are both doing it."

She pulls something out of her back pocket, a scrunched up slip of paper. She hands it to me, and I unfold it to read what it says. As I read the words, my eyebrows pull together in confusion. "What is this?"

"I found it in my bathroom," Andrea tells me. "It's not like anyone has been in there except them. So it has to be them."

I run a hand through my hair, sighing. "Andrea, I don't think they would do something like this."

We stand there for a moment not saying anything and just staring at the note in my hands.

"Then who would do this?" Andrea whispers, fear in her voice.

"I don't know."

"... Bella." Andrea breathes, gasping afterwards. "It makes so much sense!"

I stare at her in shock. It couldn't be Bella doing this, she would never.

"Are you serious?"

"She's a freaking psycho, Shawn."

"Don't say that, you barely even know her. She isn't doing this, trust me."

"Why are you defending her? I thought you hated her!" Andrea raises her voice.

"She was the first girl I ever loved. I could never hate her..." I say quietly.

Andrea just stares at me. She looks angry and upset, maybe even a little disappointed.

"And this isn't her handwriting," I add, pointing at the paper.

"So just because the handwriting doesn't match up means she isn't doing this?" she scoffs.

"No! I know it's not her because she would never do this, Andrea. She isn't crazy and she broke up with me, so why would she be going after you just because you are with me? She told me that I needed to move on, and I did. There is no way it's her."

"You should go home." she says in a whisper, staring at her barely visible floor. She then snatches the paper out of my hand, tossing it onto the ground. "I need to figure things out."

"Figure out if you still want to be with me or not?"

"No," she replies but I don't know if I should believe it. "I need to figure out who is behind this, since you're just so fucking sure it's not Bella."

"It isn't." I say a bit frustrated. I know for a fact that it's not her.

I can tell Andrea wants to go off on me and tell me how wrong I am, because that's what type of person she can be sometimes. But this time, all she says is "Okay,"

"I'll leave. I'm sorry." I tell her, but I don't make a move towards the door. I stand there for a bit longer before I speak up again. "I don't want to leave."

"I don't want you to leave either." she replies, running up to me and wrapping her arms around my torso. I sigh in relief, hugging her back.

I'm not sure how long we stand there until Cameron calls Andrea's name from downstairs. Andrea pulls away and looks confused. "Why is Cameron here?" she asks mostly to herself.

We walk downstairs together, and I see Bella. There she was, my ex girlfriend sitting on my girlfriend's couch with her boyfriend, who is my girlfriend's brother. That's a bit screwed up.

My breath hitches as we make eye contact, and Bella looks surprised to see me here. "Shawn?"

"You know him?" Cameron asks her.

Bella slowly nods her head. "Yeah. What are you doing here?"

"Just hanging out with my girlfriend." I reply, putting my arm around Andrea who laughs quietly. I lean down to whisper in her ear, "Another reason she isn't the one who wrote the note."

Andrea looks pissed after that and she removes herself from under my arm, causing me to frown.

"What did you call me down here for?" Andrea asks her brother. I notice everyone else was down here too, sitting around and waiting for Cameron to explain things.

"Yeah, hurry up and tell us!" Nash adds impatiently.

"Mom and Dad called me," Cameron starts and I feel Andrea tense up next to me. "They can't get on their flight tonight because the weather is so bad. They don't know when they will be able to come home, but it won't be tomorrow like planned."

They don't all look as disappointed as they should be, which makes me confused. Everyone looks fine except the little girl, who starts to cry a little.

Andrea sighs, pulling me into another room. "You really should go."

I nod. "I understand. I'll text you when I get home."

"Sure, whatever." she says flatly, once again not making eye contact. I want to kiss her, or hug her, or just be with her for longer but that doesn't seem like the right thing to do right now.

So I walk past everyone and leave her house without saying another word.

There goes my good mood.

xxx

LONG CHAPTER WOW actually not really it's just longer than usual oh

so, how is school going guys? :-)