forty two

• andrea •

"TWO SNOW DAYS IN A ROW?!" Nash yells at five in the morning the next day. "I AM REALLY STARTING TO LIKE MICHIGAN."

I roll over in bed, shutting off my alarms for the second morning in a row. I could really get used to this.

Just like yesterday, I don't get up until ten o'clock. I would have slept until after noon, but I had to look after Anna in case nobody else was up.

I make my little sister a bowl of cereal before checking my phone, seeing that I had five texts from Shawn.

5:56 AM- Shawn: BABE IT HAPPENED OMG MY SCHOOL CANCELLED SCHOOL WOW WHAT IS LIFE

6:30 AM- Shawn: Okay i tried to go back to sleep but i really can't

8:24 AM- Shawn: Please wake up I'm so bored :(

9:25 AM- Shawn: WAKE UP HOE

9:26 AM- Shawn: Ok i didnt mean you were actually a hoe i just need you to wake up pls i'm bored and need attention

I giggle at all of his messages. He really gets on my nerves, but I love it.

Andrea: i'm awake hi hello i miss you

Shawn: Wanna hangout?

Andrea: uh can you drive when the roads are like this?

Shawn: I'm a good driver and u know it babe.

Andrea: lol okay you can come over then

Shawn: YAY. i'll come around noon k brb gotta shower so i can smell good 4 u bye

"Andy, I miss Mommy." Anna is saying when I finally look up from my phone.

I frown at her. "Mommy and Daddy are gonna be coming home tomorrow. Their flight leaves tonight, and in the morning they will be here. We just have to wait a little bit longer, okay?"

She sighs. "I hate it when they're gone. They're always gone..."

I put my hand over her little one, looking at her with sympathy. "I know, I don't like it either." I tell her.

I decide to go upstairs and get ready for Shawn to come over. When I'm in my bathroom brushing my teeth, I see a note sticking out of the mirror. I furrow my eyebrows and reach for the note with the toothbrush hanging from
my mouth. I shrug and set it aside, spitting the toothpaste in the sink. After I wipe my mouth, I read the note.

Andrea,
you better stay the hell away from shawn, or he'll be gone before you get the chance to love him.

Wait, what?

My heart sped up after reading it over again. This isn't fucking funny.

"Madison!" I scream. The first person I thought of who could have written this was her. "Madison!"

"What?!" she yells back from down the hall.

"This note is not funny!"

"What note?" she asks, popping her head into my bathroom a minute later.

I roll my eyes. "Don't play stupid. It was either you or Teala." I throw the piece of paper at her and she picks it up off the ground.

"Um, I didn't write this shit." she tells me, which scares me even worse because she sounds so honest.

"U-um okay. Then who did?" I ask, my voice shaking a bit.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?!" she scoffs, leaving me alone in my bathroom. I stare at the note with wide eyes for who knows how long.

"you better stay the hell away from shawn, or he'll be gone before you get the chance to love him."

I don't know what scared me more... the note itself or the fact that I might already love him.

xxx

YIKES HI

what's up pals ????

plans plans plans for this story i tell ya