twelve

• andrea •

"Sam, why am I nervous?" I ask my friend while she stares at herself in the mirror, fixing her hair.

She rolls her eyes at me and answers, "Because you have a crush on Shawn."

I don't answer because maybe she's right. Oh God, I hope she's not right. The only one who can determine whether or not I have a crush on Shawn is me, and right now I have no idea what my feelings are telling me.

Sam and I were in the school bathroom. It was twenty minutes until school got out, and then we were meeting Matt outside. After meeting Matt, the three of us were gonna go to the pharmacy to pick up Shawn. I'm not gonna lie, I had no idea how this night was gonna turn out.

"Alright, let's head back to class." She says and we walk out of the bathroom, heading separate ways to go to our different classrooms.

--

My stomach was in knots when we pulled into the parking lot of the pharmacy. I texted Shawn about a minute ago, saying we were almost there. When I saw him leaning against the brick wall, my heart started to beat a little faster.

He noticed Matthew's car and moved his back off the wall. When the car stopped, Shawn walked over and I opened the door for him from inside. When he saw me, a small smile appeared on his lips. "Hey, Andrea."

"Hey." I reply, trying to smile.

"Hi." Shawn says to Matt and Sam. I can tell by the look on his face that they were not what he expected. It didn't surprise me. They both had tattoos and piercings, and Matt had blue in his hair as Samantha had bright red hair that she changed the color of all the time.

Matthew doesn't say anything as Sam gives Shawn a smile. "I'm Samantha, this is Matthew."

Shawn nods and as Matt pulls back into the road, I feel awkwardness begin to arise. I honestly didn't know what to say. After a few minutes, Sam and Matt started arguing like they usually did and I was thankful for that.

"I know where I'm going, Sam." Matt says in an irritated tone.

"I'm telling you, if you listen to me we could get there a lot faster." she grits her teeth when Matthew doesn't listen to her and I look at Shawn.

"Do they always fight?" He whispers and I nod.

After a while, my phone buzzed on my lap and I got a text from Shawn.

Shawn: This is awkward :/

Andrea: i know i'm sorry :-(

Shawn: I'm not a party person either.

Andrea: oh

I notice him look at me but I refuse to meet his gaze. He then looks back at his phone and starts typing.

Shawn: you're pretty

I gasp and look at him. "You used proper grammar!"

He rolls his eyes and grumbles, "Shut up."

Shawn: No but really , you look really pretty right now.

Shawn: but .... Why do u wear so much black

I laugh out loud on accident.

Andrea: to match my soul.

I look at Shawn and he's grinning at his phone. My cold heart warms at the sight.

He shoves his phone in his pocket and asks, "How long are we gonna be in the car?"

"We're gonna stop at a gas station in about thirty minutes and get snacks and shit." Matthew responds to him.

For the next thirty minutes, it slowly becomes less awkward. Samantha started to ask Shawn some questions to get to know him better all the way up until we got to a gas station. I even found out a few things about Shawn: he plays the guitar, has one sister, and he really likes muffins.

So that's why I wasn't surprised when he bought a muffin at the gas station.

xxx

didn't really know how to end the chapter so i kinda just

idk i'll prob update tomorrow woo

party time in the next chap turn up

vote & comment if ur true

much love