twenty three

• andrea •

"You little slut!"

I gasped when I heard Madison's voice yell from down the hall, quickly covering my little sisters ears. We were sitting on her bed and I was helping her practice spelling words.

"You're such a bitch, Madison!" Teala's voice yells next and my eyes are wide as I try not to crack up laughing.

"Don't listen, you're innocent." I say to Anna as I get up, running out of my room at the same time as Hayes and Nash rush out of theirs.

"What's all the yelling about?" Nash questions as the two girls stand two feet away from each other, sending death glares to the other.

My parents weren't home, since they had a "date night", leaving us all here alone.

"She stole Carter from me!" Madison shouts angrily and I can't help but laugh. They almost never fight, but now they're doing it because of a boy. Why does that not surprise me?

"Carter Reynolds?" Nash asks as his eyes shoot wide open. "My best friend?!"

Now Nash is angry too, causing the three of them to yell at each other. What makes it even louder is that they are trying to yell over each other.

Hayes looks annoyed and I'm just amused but annoyed at the same time.

"Can you guys shut the hell up?!" I try to shout over them but they ignore my presence.

Anna comes out of our room, a sad look on her face. She hates it when we all fight, but it happens almost every day. This family is screwed up in so many ways.

Hayes picks Anna up and takes her downstairs, telling her that it'll be okay and I just try to tell everyone to shut up.

They're all fighting over some Asian kid named Carter.

I decide to let them work this out for themselves, and I go back to my room to call my brother Cameron.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Cameron, they're crazy. Nash, Madison, and Teala are killing each other as we speak."

He sighs. "I'll be right over."

A few minutes later, Cameron arrived and broke up the fight. He only lived just down the street, which is why he was over all the time.

"You guys need to stop being so childish. Why are you even fighting?" Cameron asks them, looking disappointed.

"They're both whores." Nash spits and I try not to laugh, oops.

"Excuse me?!" They both yell.

Cameron rubs his hands over his face, frustrated. "When are Mom and Dad gonna be home?"

"About an hour." I answer and he nods.

"I'll stay here til then. Did you guys have dinner?"

"Nope, Dad left money for us to order pizza whenever we got hungry." Nash replies.

"Hungry now?" Cam asks and we all nod.

You see, the house is a much calmer place when Cameron is home. The day he left, the family fell apart. We constantly fought and yelled at each other, and we got into trouble at school and even worse since then. Cameron holds us together.

"I'll order the pizza." Nash says, disappearing down the stairs.

"You two make up with each other, don't fight over something stupid. You're sisters." Cameron tells Madison and Teala, and they are both silent as they nod, walking into their room.

Now it's only me and Cameron standing in the hallway and he turns to me, offering a smile. "What's up, lil sis?"

I shrug. "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"How do relationships work?"

He chuckles. "They don't."

xxx

I UPDATED AGAIN BC U LIL PUNKS TOLD ME TO

but hey please don't comment the word "update" by itself please just don't do it thx and bless