thirty seven

• andrea •

Shawn: UGH IM PISSED I JUST POKED MYSELF IN THE EYE WHY CANT I BE A PERFECT HUMAN BEING WHO DOESNT POKE THEMSELVES IN THE EYE ALL THE TIME

That is the text I woke up to. Not a cute good morning text, but that.

Andrea: relatable

I was fairly upset because it was Monday, the day I go back to school. Winter break was over and that didn't make me a very happy person. Back to school means back to my stressful and tiring life.

I pull on my school uniform. Along with that I put on my usual black converse, and then I head to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth, putting my makeup on, and perfecting my eyebrows, I grab my bag and phone and walk down the stairs.

"Teala!" I yell. I hated it when she made me late to school because she took too long getting ready.

"Why don't you ever eat breakfast?" My mother asks me from the kitchen, sipping out of a cup of coffee. She was already dressed for work like usual. "You need to start."

I shrug. "I don't get up early enough for that shit."

She scowls. "Watch your mouth."

Teala and Madison both come tumbling down the stairs. "Mom, I couldn't straighten my hair because Madison stole my flat iron!" Teala complains.

"Only because she stole my curling iron last week and I still haven't found it!"

Just then, Nash comes rushing down the stairs in only his underwear. "Mom!" he yells. This house is a nightmare. "I completely forgot we had to go back to school today!"

He is seriously the biggest idiot I have ever known.

My mom lets out a loud, exhausted groan. "Start getting ready then! Where's Hayes?"

As if on cue, Hayes is coming down the stairs with his toothbrush hanging from his mouth. "Woke up late." he mumbles with toothpaste dribbling down the side of his mouth.

This whole family is a mess. I take my phone out and send a text in the group message to Sam and Matthew.

To- Samantha & Matthew: one of you seriously need to pick me up and take me to school, NOW.

Matthew: I'm coming to the rescue, my love!

Samantha: MATTHEW ESPINOSA WHO ARE YOU CALLING YOUR LOVE WHEN UR GIRLFRIEND IS IN THIS GROUP MESSAGE ALSO

Matthew: Oh, sorry babe. Love u

I roll my eyes after reading that mini conversation, but I'm thankful Matt will pick me up.

This day is starting off horrible, and I'm really afraid of what the rest of the day has to come.

~

Shawn: Watchu doin cutie pie

Andrea: sitting in english class. hby hot stuff

Shawn: In history ! FUN!!

Andrea: i like ur sarcasm

Shawn: I like your face

Andrea: i like your voice

Shawn: I like ur hair

Andrea: i like your lazy eye

Shawn: I like your smile

Andrea: i don't have any more compliments for u bc i don't rlly like you, srry :/

Shawn: Well I got a lot of compliments for you , i could go on and on

---

Later that day, when I got home from school, both of my parents were waiting in the living room for us. It was a little unusual; this meant they were about to tell us something.

"What's going on...?" Hayes asks cautiously, slowly dropping his bag on the floor.

"Your father and I," Mom starts off, glancing at my dad before continuing. "have another business trip this week."

"And that's important because?" I ask. "You guys literally have business trips every other week."

"This time we might be gone for a bit longer." Dad adds.

"Ohhh." we all say at the same time.

"Okay." Madison says.

"Cool." Hayes says.

"When are you leaving?" Teala asks.

"Can I have some fruit snacks?" Anna asks.

"What's for dinner?" Nash asks.

It's kind of sad how we are completely used to the fact that our parents leave us home by ourselves all the time, that we don't even care about the fact they might be gone for a while.

My mom sighs, probably realizing the same thing I just did. "What do you guys want for dinner?"

"Lasagna." I say.

"Macaroni and cheese!" Anna pleads.

"Pizza." Hayes suggests.

I don't bother staying to listen to my other siblings fight over what to have for dinner, so I go upstairs and lock myself in my room like usual.

----////----

this was just a filler chapter okAy

just wanted to update :-)

school tomorrow someone pls shoot me I STILL HAVE HOMEWORK and my sleeping schedule is FUCKED

SOS ya girl is struggling