nineteen

• andrea •

I wanted to go home.

I wanted to go home and lay in my bed. I just wanted to go to sleep. It may seem like I sleep too much, but really I don't get enough sleep. No matter how much sleep I get, it could never be enough.

After the quite intense conversation about depression, I could barely say anything. I could tell Shawn was trying really hard to get me to talk, or to make things less awkward, but I really didn't want to say anything.

Finally, Shawn sighed in defeat. "Let's just go home."

He took the check, left a tip, and we got up and walked out. I trailed behind just a bit, but he walked slowly just so he could stay by my side.

He is so nice. What is he doing hanging out with a girl like me for?

...

Shawn dropped me off at home, and we didn't talk for two weeks after that.

Two whole weeks. We went from talking every single day, to just not talking at all. Two weeks may not seem like a lot, but trust me, it felt like a lifetime. He did text me the day after we went to Olive Garden, but I did not respond. After that, I figured he gave up.

That was until he finally texted me the simple word that changed my mood just like that.

Shawn: Hey.

I stared at his text for a while, relief washing over me. I missed him, and I'm not going to try to deny it.

I was sitting at lunch with Sam and Matt when he texted me, and they both must have noticed my sudden change in mood.

"Is it Shawn?" Samantha asks me and I just shrug.

"What ever happened to that kid?" Matthew asks me. I knew he didn't like Shawn, which kind of sucked because I was hoping they would like each other.

"I dunno." I reply, looking back at my phone.

Andrea: hi

My response was weak, but I had no idea what to say. I got a bit angry when Shawn didn't reply after that. He texted me, and then I texted back, and he didn't respond until two hours later when I was in my last class of the day.

Shawn: I'm done talking to Bella. She played with my feelings , and caused me a lot of pain. she doesn't really want me .. She doesn't deserve me either . I was nothing but good to her, I loved her. andrea i loved her so much and she never even felt the same. she broke my heart and she doesn't deserve a second chance

Andrea: good for you, shawn. you're right, she doesn't deserve you. not one bit. it's good for you to move on and i'm sorry it has to be this way for you. you deserve to be happy.

Shawn: I missed you

Shawn: again

Andrea: i am sorry for what happened...

Shawn: Let's just forget about it. Want me to pick you up after school so u can come to the pharmacy and work with me?

Andrea: can i even just come to work with you?

Shawn: My dad owns the place so yea basically

I told Shawn what school I went to and how to get there and twenty minutes later the bell rang. Matt was waiting at my locker when I approached it and he smiled at me.

"What are your plans for this weekend?" I ask him just to make conversation while I open my locker.

"I'm grounded." he says as he messes with his lip ring. I have always admired the way he did that sometimes when we talked. He absentmindedly played with the ring in his lip as he spoke to me.

"How'd you get grounded?" I ask, closing my locker and swinging my backpack onto my shoulders. We continue our conversation as we walk down the hall together.

"My grades." he rolls his eyes.

"What? Matthew, you're so smart!"

"I know, but I've been slacking." he shrugs with a small frown that he tries to hide.

"Is something wrong?" I ask, concerned for my friend. He opens the school doors for me and I walk out, thanking him quietly. The bitter cold hits me and I shiver. Oh, sweet Michigan November.

"No, nothing's wrong. Junior year is just stressing me out, I guess. Too many parties?"

"Maybe you should stop going out so much and focus on your grades..." I say and we both laugh soon after. "Yeah, nevermind. I shouldn't tell you that when that's something I need to do myself."

I look around the school parking lot for any sign of Shawn or Shawn's car, and I see neither. I figured he wouldn't be here yet since he had to wait until he got out of school himself, and I didn't know how far away his school was from mine.

"So, I gotta ask you something." Matt changed the subject.

"What?"

"Do you think that if I asked Samantha on a date, she would say no because we're too good of friends?"

His question surprises me a little, but it's sweet. I thought he was into me, but I guess that was a one time thing. I have been getting mixed signals from him, but him liking Samantha made me feel better actually.

I smile at him. "I don't know for sure," I say, "but I don't see why she would turn you down. I could talk to her about it, but casually, and let you know soon."

"Thanks Andrea." He smiles, hugging me. "You're the best. I should go now, since I'm grounded and shit."

I laugh. "Bye Matt."

Shawn comes quickly and I rush to his car, wanting out of the cold. He chuckles, turning the heat up for me. "Thanks." I say.

He looks me over and snorts. "I think it's funny you have to go to a school with uniforms."

"What's so funny about that?"

"You don't strike me as the uniform type of girl." he smiles wide, driving away from my school.

"I'm not. You know I'm forced to wear this, right?"

"I think you look cute in your little school uniform." he leans over and nudges my arm with his hand.

"Shut up." I mumble, trying so hard not to blush.

xxx

sooooOoooOooo I kinda took a nap after school and didn't wake up until 8:30 so I'm like hype af and everyone is sleep what