twenty five

• andrea •

"That's not a bad thing," Shawn whispers, smiling. He brushes a piece of my brunette hair out of my face and kisses my forehead. "What's wrong with liking me?"

"I don't want to like you." I say quietly, frowning.

"Why? I like you, too." he pulls his eyebrows together, still hovering over me. He is so beautiful, I could stare up at him all day. I wish he didn't feel so bad about himself after Bella, because he's absolutely perfect. Well to me he is, anyway, and it's annoying me that I feel that way.

"Shawn. I don't want feelings."

"Just express them..." he says, leaning in again but I don't let him kiss me.

"I'm scared of expressing my feelings."

"Look me in the eye and tell me that kiss wasn't perfect." he says sternly, waiting for my response.

I don't say anything.

"That's what I thought." he leans down further and kisses me again. This time, I let it happen. I kissed him and he interlocked one of his hands with mine. It made me get this feeling inside that I wanted to last forever.

I don't know how long we stay like that, but I didn't want it to stop when he pulled away.

He flops down next to me and I sigh. "Shawn, we can't be together."

"Andrea, stop it right now." he is still holding my hand and I don't want to leg go, but I'm just digging myself a deeper hole. "I don't know what you're afraid of."

We lay there, staring at the ceiling for who knows how long. His hand feels so perfectly fit with mine, and the warmth of his presence next to me comforts me in ways I didn't know that I craved.

"I'm not going to hurt you." he says, turning his head to look at me. "I promise you, I would never."

"Don't promise anything," I tell him, "not right now, at least."

"What's that mean?" I can sense his smile without even looking at him.

When I turn my head, he is smiling just like I suspected. "I don't know what it means."

"I think I know what it means."

"And what's that?"

"It means you're willing to give it a try."

"I guess so, I mean I'm going to take my shot. It might be scary, and hearts are gonna break, but we don't have the time to be sorry."

"Where'd you get that from?" He asks. "I like it. And hearts are definitely not going to break. I won't let that happen."

"Where does this leave us?" I ask him.

"I don't want to jump straight into a relationship," he says, bringing our hands up to his lips and leaving a kiss on mine. "We can take things slow, since you're scared and my broken heart isn't fully put back together."

I wanted to fix his broken heart. I wanted to make him happy, and I wanted him to never let me go. All of that, it scared me to death, but he was worth it.

xxx

comment if u ship shandrea :-)

I'm in biology again ew