Faye

I find myself standing, my nails in between my teeth as I watch Harry and Carter. I can tell Harry's nervous but he doesn't back down. Rick nodded to me, letting me know he was okay after he threw up.

"Fighters." The ref removes his arm from between them, commencing the fight. My heart drops as everyone gasps at the first punch at the commence by Carter, hitting Harry straight in the mouth. He's thrown back, stumbling. But he regains his balance, shaking his head as he takes stance and circles the ring. Carter bounces on his feet as Harry studies him.

The room seems to heat up at the intensity of the fight. Harry throws a jab but Carter dodges it. Then Carter goes for Harry's gut but he blocks it, giving him the opportunity to bring his elbow to Carter's jaw.

"Yes." I say to myself as Harry backs away, circling again. I watch Carter's feet as he jumps slightly up and down, forwards and backwards. He swings, his fist connecting to Harry's jaw before he brings his other fist over, hitting Harry twice. He's forced against the ropes as Carter approaches him, jabbing him in the gut three times before Harry musters the strength to push him off, his fist connecting to Carter's face. Blood spews from Carter's mouth, his head whipping at an odd angle. As Harry gets another hit in, the bell dings to end round one.

I let go of the breath I was holding as the men take to their corners. Harry spits his mouth guard out, a string of blood and saliva following before his cut man dabs at his cheekbone and jaw, cleansing the cuts. Rick stands before him, talking to him. Harry nods, taking his water.

The men resume their positions moments later, the bell singing to announce the start of round two. Everyone seems to sense that this round will be the end, that a winner will be made. Harry keeps his arms close, blocking and dodging every punch thrown at him. I'm waiting for him to hit Carter but his arms remain where they started, blocking his face as Carter continues to push him towards the ropes. He seems to fold, attempting to block his abdomen but fails as Carter pummels every punch into it non stop. Rick is yelling but I can barely hear what he's saying through the erupting noise of the crowd.

"Come on, Harry, hit him." I mumble to myself as I watch him continue taking the hits. "Hit him." I say. Carter moves his jabs up to his face and my heart leaps as Harry's head cocks back from the hit, blood flying. "Hit him!" I holler, my throat scratching as I ball my fists.

The scene before me seems to slow down, the fists of Carter flying in slow motion. Harry seems to come back to the ring, ducking just in time before Carter's fist hit his face again. As he ducks, his arms finally reach out and his fist connects to the left side of Carter, Harry's fist punching his rib cage. As Carter twists to protect the side before more damage is done, Harry uses the limited opportunity to bring his other fist up, connecting it to Carter's chin in an uppercut. Carter's head flies back, his mouth guard jumping from his mouth and across the ring as he falls back. My eyes widen in shock as the scene before me comes back to reality.

Carter is on the floor of the ring, Harry towering over his body in a victorious stance with his arms by his side.

I jump up with the crowd, cheering and hollering. I can't control the wide grin on my face as I look to Rick, an extremely proud expression on his face. The ref grabs Harry's arm and raises it, the crowd losing control as they chant his name.

He did it.

~••~

After the fight, the donations skyrocket. Hundreds and hundreds of dollars are being placed in for charity.