Faye

Harry's fingers race along my back, the candles flickering ever so slightly with the gentle wind coming from the balcony doors. The sun is beginning to come up, painting the sky the most beautiful orange I have ever seen.

"Are you still awake?" He asks quietly, his fingers moving to my hair. I hum, turning my head away from the sunrise to his green eyes. They're soft as he looks back at me. I bring my hand up to his face, my fingers outlining his lips with a smile as I watch them curve up.

"I don't want to go back." I tell him. Every time I think about how much we're enjoying ourselves here, I then think about how this feeling will go away as soon as we go home. Things will go back to the way they were; it won't be paradise.

"I know," he says. "But we have to."

I pick my head up, leaning my elbows onto the plush mattress and ruffled up sheets. "Do you think it'll be the same?"

"What do you mean?" He asks as he tucks his hand under his head, the other twisting my hair.

"Will you go back to fighting?"

He takes a deep breath. "Just as you can't see yourself doing anything else but working as an agent, I can't see myself doing anything other than boxing." He says. I watch his eyes as he speaks, the worry they whisper behind his words. "I don't know what it will be like when we get back but fighting is something I want to keep doing."

I nod, my eyes finding my fingers interesting all of a sudden. I was finally able to get them manicured before taking this vacation.

"Are you worried about me?" He asks.

"I'm afraid," I admit. "After seeing what happened at the championship..." I begin to shake my head. "I didn't really know how bad it could be until I saw it."

"I know," he looks to the ceiling. "I wish things were different. But I do believe things happen for a reason."

I did believe that, for a long time. But as soon as Mom passed and then the call about losing my job, I couldn't see the reason behind it all. I started to believe again when I got the job at Henderson's but then it began to fade again after the fight.

"We'll both be busy when we get back," he starts again, "You'll be working as an agent again and I'll probably be in the gym or working on a few fights."

"Things will be different." I say, our eyes meeting.

"That's why I want to make the most of right now." He says, playfully grabbing me and turning us over. I giggle under his weight as he peppers kisses along my face and neck. He settles himself on top of me, his face over mine. He brushes his nose against mine and I grin as he hums. "You mean the world to me, Faye Brooke."

"You are my world." I whisper.

~••~

We spend our day doing every tourist-y thing we can. Scuba-diving, helicopter over the island, swimming with the dolphins, and even hiking. This world we're in at the moment is the best place to be. With his hand in mine as we dived beneath the ocean, with his excited grin as we looked to the islands beneath us, and the laughter he graced my ears with as the dolphins splashed us. No matter where we are, I know everything will be just fine as long as I'm with him.

And I'm grateful for this man. I watch as he smiles, speaking to Anne on the phone as we walk along the beach. Every time he smiles, my heart stutters. He looks to me, squeezing my hand before he bids a goodnight to her. He stops us after hanging up, tucking the phone in his back pocket. "What's wrong?" He asks, his hands on my face.