Harry

Song for the story:

Guts Over Fear by Eminem ft. Sia

"Harder."

"Stop being a wimp. Harder!"

"Harder!"

I swing with a grunt, pummeling my coach to the ground. A smirk plays on my lips as I pull the gloves off. Rick chuckles as I help him up.

"See I knew you could do it, Harry." He laughs, patting me on the back. "You're reinforced."

I look up at the ceiling of the gym, out of breath from the belting I've been doing.

"Yes." I agree. "But I'm not strong enough for Carter." I say, belting punches in place.

"Will you stop doubting your abilities?" He laughs. "You're working too hard to think like that. Carter James is the cockiest man in the entire world, something is bound to happen to prove he isn't all that."

I huff, dropping my hands to my side as I head towards the punching bag. Carter James, the heavy weight champ I've been waiting to fight ever since I decided to do boxing. He's won every match he's ever done and has conquered in multiple championships. He's definitely earned the title of the modern day David Anderson, the worlds greatest champion in boxing. I looked up David up until he stopped fighting years ago.

"You're going to change the world, Harry." Rick says, unwrapping his hands. "Now go on home to your mother." He smiles before walking back to the locker room.

I smile, nodding to myself. It's always been like this. I didn't choose for Rick to be my coach but he's been here for me like a father. The father I never had. Mum raised me on her own, working day and night to keep the roof of our small flat over our heads. We struggled, hell we still do. But I'm doing this for her. I can make so much off of this fight. She's always feared for me and never wanted me to box but it grew into something I loved. After I graduated high school, she wanted me to attend college. Instead, I got a job at a small diner as a part-time cook. It helps with the obnoxious rent and I enjoy it as well.

The music in the gym cuts off and I snap my head up, leaving my thoughts behind. Everyone has left the gym. I stand to my feet and head to the locker rooms, stripping my shorts and stepping under the steaming hot water. My eyes immediately shut, the hot water soothing my aching muscles briskly. I always look forward to this at the end of the day.

"Hello?"

I open my eyes, the sound of someone's voice pulling me from my heaven.

"Hello?" The voice calls again from the gym and it's an unfamiliar voice. I wrap a towel around my waist and walk out of the locker room.

~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~

A little preview of what I've been working on...

Please comment what you think

😁🌿