Faye

I stand by the doorway, watching Harry as he sleeps soundlessly. Tomorrow's the big fight and I don't know if he'll make it. It's hard to find the good in anything anymore. I text Rick, letting him know Harry's okay and I'm tempted to let Anne know but Rick tells me not to. I understand why, she's been through too much already.

Harry moans, making me quickly look to him. He frowns in pain, attempting to sit up.

"Don't." I approach him, taking my spot beside him again. "Relax."

"How long was I out?"

"Will you stop worrying?" I tease and he laughs lightly, immediately cringing in pain. "Sorry."

"I need to sit up." He breathes, attempting to move again. His muscles protrude as I stand again to give home a boost. He lets go of his breath as he leans against the headboard, sighing as he rests his head against it. I grab the glass of water I had set for him and hand it to him along with the pain medication. I watch as he takes them, taking a large gulp of the water. "Thank you."

I smile softly at him, his hands grabbing mine and pulling me towards him. "Harry-"

"It's fine." He pulls me closer, pulling my legs to settle beside his hips. "I need you." He breathes and I shake my head, a small laugh escaping me.

"You need a hospital." I rest on his lap, my fingers brushing back his curls. He hums, enjoying my caress as my hands travel down to his ears, pulling at his lobes before I let them travel from his shoulders to his chest. My mind can't help but wander to the thoughts of the closeness of his body near mine. I lean forward and press my lips to his, the slight taste of his blood invading my mouth. I ignore it, kissing him gently.

His fingers find the hem of my shirt and slowly pulls it up. We depart from each other's lips for a second, ridding me of my shirt. Once our lips lay against each other again, it's deeper. I sigh as he pulls me closer, his fingertips working at my bra clasp. He seems to be struggling and I can't help but breathe a laugh, his deep chuckle vibrating through my body. I draw back, our eyes meeting as I reach behind to detach the clasp. I bite my lip to keep from smiling as he removes the straps down my arms, goosebumps rise following his touch as he drags it off.

Our lips meet again, his arms wrapping around my back and closing the space between us. His hands sprawl on my bare back, his fingers running over the smooth skin as his kisses move to my neck. I moan softly, tipping my head to allow him more access. "You should be resting." I breathe, smiling as he kisses a ticklish spot on my neck. He hums, retracting. I keep my eyes shut as he leans his forehead against mine, my smile never fading. "We should stop."

"Yeah." He breathes and I giggle, pushing away.

~••~

The day is spent taking care of Harry. After lunch, he's able to get out of bed and into the bathroom. Rick is here now, sitting with him at the table as I freshen up. I take a quick shower, changing into fresh clothes before heading downstairs where Rick and Harry still talk.

"He's just worried." Rick says. "He knows you can beat him."

"Could've." Harry corrects. Rick doesn't correct Harry the way he would normally and it's all becoming real that Harry may not have a chance anymore. Rick looks to me and I take a breath.

"I don't think you should fight." He says and Harry leans his head in his hands, frustration building. "Harry, you can make it worse."

"I'm not backing out!" He snaps, his eyes on Rick. "I'm not giving him the satisfaction to just cheat his way into getting that championship."

Rick and I remain quiet, not sure what to say anymore. We know he won't back out and there's nothing else we could do to stop him. Because it's true; he's worked too hard to just leave now.

"I will be fine." He says quieter. "I'll rest up tonight, take the medication I need and the guys will cover up the bruising. I will be fine, okay?"

He looks to me and I nod before leaving the dining room. I feel the urge to cry again, the question I had asked last night coming up again. In the past month, there have been too many downs and not enough ups. We need this win to bring us up again and if it doesn't happen, I don't know what will happen after that.

~••~

I'm in and out of sleep, the light of the television dimming as my eyes shut. Harry talks to Anne on the phone, telling her of the accident and that he's fine.

It feels like minutes later when I feel his arms. I open my eyes to find I'm laying in my bed, his arms wrapped around me as his fingers ever so slightly brush against my arm.

I silently pray to whatever God there is that Harry makes it through this fight and that Carter pays for what he's done.

~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~

Short but sweet ;)

I will be uploading a soundtrack soon just to give y'all a feeling of the mood I've been in while writing the story.