Reunited at Last

After waking up from my surgery Shuri came and checked on me, she asked Bucky to give us a few moments to run a few tests. After some light complaining, Bucky complied and went to talk to Steve. Shuri and her helpers scanned me with their confusing technology and then ran a couple more tests before smiling.

"The tests all came back normal. You're free." Shuri grinned.

"Shuri, I can't thank you enough!" I wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug. "You just gave me my life back ."

Shuri smiled. "You both deserve happiness and freedom. I'm just glad I could help." She looked toward the closed door. "White wolf, you can come in now."

Not half a second later the door swung open and Bucky peered in. "Hey, everything okay?"

Shuri chuckled nodding her head. "Yes, everything is great. Your fiancée is free to go." Bucky and I both grinned at the term fiancee.

We both thanked her a million times before we went out to see Steve.

"Oh my god, Steve." I hugged him tightly. "I missed you so much."

He let out a breath of relief. "I'm just glad you're okay, and yourself again."

I pulled away to look up at him. "I'm sorry about the way I acted when we last spoke on the phone. I shouldn't have taken out my anger on you. It wasn't your fault."

Steve shook his head. "That was decades ago Liv, I was never upset with you." He clears his throat, "and I hear congratulations are in order?"

I grinned and nodded. "Bucky was taking too long to ask so I did it myself."

"Hey! You had only been awake for like two minutes I didn't want to spring it on you!" Bucky laughed and pulled me into his chest.

"Spring it on me? It's been more than seven decades." I squeezed his waist teasingly.

Steve shook his head. "I had forgotten what it was like to be a third wheel with you two." he chuckled. "This will be fun."

"Awe come on Stevie, you love us." I grinned pulling him into a group hug.

After staying up all night catching up with Steve and Bucky we all said goodnight and headed towards our rooms. Steve went up to his room and Bucky walked beside me walking me towards my room. I could tell he didn't know what to say, after all, we've gone through and now we're finally at peace.

"You okay?" I asked stopping in front of the room he stayed in.

He chuckled. "Sorry, I'm just a little nervous ."

I grinned. "It's okay, I am too." I leaned against the wall opposite his room and decided to change the topic. "The first time I was here, you told me that you only sometimes stayed here... where else do you stay?"

He smiled. "I have my own place in Brooklyn, I'm usually only here when I'm on missions."  He opened the door and let me walk in first.

"I'd like to see it sometime. If that's okay?" I turned back to look at him as he turned on the lights. His room here wasn't too homey. It just felt like a hotel room with some of his personal belongings here and there.

Bucky's eyes met mine. "It's more than okay, we can go tomorrow if that works for you."

I nodded. "Perfect." My eyes scanned the room and landed on the picture from Coney Island. "I still can't believe you have this picture."

He grinned. "It took me a while to track it down but it was worth it."

"I literally threw up like 15 minutes after this picture was taken." I laughed

He grinned. "I know, but it was one of the best days of my life."

"You gave me this necklace that day." My hand traced the pendant on my neck that he had given me when I first arrived. "And that lady at the restaurant called me Mrs. Barnes." I remember blushing at the thought.

He grinned. "It has a nice ring to it don't you think? Mr. and Mrs. Barnes."

"Hm... I don't know Ward is a pretty good last name." I teased.

He only grinned. "As long as you're my wife."

I blushed and looked down at my hands. "So, I know we were sharing a room before I got my memories back and then we weren't, and then I went all hydra soldier on you which I'm so sorry for. That must have been scary I-"

Bucky took a step forward and cut off my rant. "It's okay Doll, I don't blame you and everything is okay now." His hand held my face softly. "We don't have to share a room if you're not ready for that. I'll respect any of your boundaries."

I smiled softly. What did I do to deserve this man? "I love you."

"I-" Bucky took a shaky breath.

I placed a gentle hand on his chest feeling his heartbeat quicken. "It's okay, the programming is gone."

He nodded, I could tell he was holding back tears. "I love you so much Liv."

I leaned up and kissed his forehead, then his cheek, and then the other. I leaned back to look Into his eyes for any hesitation. "We're free." I said softly.

He let out a sigh of relief. I could feel his body relaxing in my arms as his lips found mine. It was a gentle and soft kiss. It felt like finally coming home. He pulled away from the kiss to gently lift me from the ground and carry me over to his bed laying me down softly. His eyes trailed over me as if he was trying to memorize every part of me before I disappeared.

I reached out a hand for him. That seemed to pull him out of his trance. Bucky took my hand and laid down beside me pulling me to his chest. "I don't think I'll ever let go again." He said as he pressed a kiss to my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around him tightly. "I don't think I will either." I breathed out softly.

--(A/N: fluff or spice? Hmm, I can't decide

--
(A/N: fluff or spice? Hmm, I can't decide. I guess we will see in the next chapter 👀)