Lillies

The next morning I stood in our cramped bathroom trying to get ready for work as Candice sat on the closed toilet trying to get me to spill information about last night.

"So, you were out late." Candy smirks. "Not very ladylike." She purses her red painted lips.

I roll my eyes, "since when am I ladylike?" I lean forward getting closer to the mirror to fix any imperfections in my make up.

"Who'd you go out with?" She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively.

"Steve invited me out for lunch." I shrug and check my teeth for any lipstick marks.

"Unless Steve is 6 foot beefy and suddenly has brown hair, you went out with someone else. " she smirked knowing she caught me.

"We bumped into his friend Bucky, and they both walked me home last night." I shrugged fixing my hair one last time. Candy grinned asking for more information on Bucky. I rolled my eyes acting annoyed even though I was loving every second of talking about him.

There was suddenly an abrupt knock on the door, I jumped slightly.

"I'll get it, it's probably Jason." Candy smiled walking past me to open the door for her friend.

Once I'm content with my looks I head towards my room to pull on my simple black work heels, it was going to be a long day at the diner tonight, I took on my friend destiny's shift as well as mine.

"Olivia! It's for you!" Candy yelled from the door. I furrowed my eyebrows, and stood walking over to the door curiously.

I walked over, "who is it?" Candy opened the door fully and Bucky was standing there looking handsome as ever.

"Oh, Buck, what are you doing here?" I smiled walking towards the door. Candy smirked walking away to leave us alone, or so she said, I know she's listening from around the corner.

"I was walking past the flower shop, ya see, and I saw these lilies and thought of ya. " Bucky extended a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. "I remember ya said these were your favorite." He smiled shyly.

"Oh Bucky! They're beautiful!" I grin taking them in my hand and putting them up to my nose to take in their alluring scent.

"Beautiful flowers for a beautiful dame." He winked.

I blushed, "Thank you Bucky." I pulled him into a quick embrace.

"It was my pleasure." Bucky smiled, "you heading to work?" He asked pointing to my attire after we pull away.

"Yeah, long shift today." I shrug.

"I'll walk you, I'm heading towards the docks anyways." I nod, "I'll be right back." I head inside to place the flowers in a vase and say goodbye to Candace. I grabbed my purse and Bucky's jacket on my way out.

"Here ya go." I hand him his jacket back from last night.

"Wear it." Bucky smiles and places it around my shoulders as he did last night.

"Mr. Barnes, If i didn't know any better, I'd say you liked me in your clothes." I raised an eyebrow at him teasingly.

He smirked, "maybe I do."

I shook my head laughing, "you are something else Barnes."

"I hope that's a good thing." He looks over and me, a smile adorning his face.

"Maybe." I bump into him teasingly.

We walk in sync as we make light conversation on our way to the Diner. He lets me know some of his background, like how long he's lived here and what it's like to work on the docks. I asked him if he had any days he didn't work and he said it was a rare thing, like yesterday. It was a little disappointing that he didn't have much free time but it's not like we're close enough for it to affect me too much.

"Well, this is me." I smiled standing in front of Bucky as we arrived at the fairly occupied diner.

"This was nice," he smiled down at his shoes, "maybe we can, i don't know, do it again sometime?" He looked up through his eyelashes.

I nodded, "that would be nice."

He grinned sticking his hands in his pockets, "well, I better get goin' before I'm late, see you when I see you Liv." He leans forward kissing my cheek before walking off towards the docks.

I stood there for a good moment trying to calm my heart rate down, I just met this boy and he's already making me crazy.

I shook my head and turned towards the diner and heading inside for my double shift.

-
Hey guys! This chapter is a little short I apologize, I'll make up for it in the future though! :D