Steady

Bucky's POV
-

I made my way over to Olivia's apartment, I felt terrible about the night before and I wanted to clear up the misunderstanding. Once I arrived at their apartment I lifted my fist to the white door. I knocked a few times and shoved my hands into my pockets.

The door opened and I smiled at Candace, "hi there candy, can I speak to Liv?"

"No." She crossed her arms furrowing her eyebrows in a frown.

"I just want to talk to her about last night." I insisted. "Please?"

"Look, you can't just bring a girl flowers and walk her to work everyday then expect her to be okay with you going out with another girl. Especially on a night you said you were working." She poked at my chest.

"First of all, Ouch." I swatted her hand away, "second of all, It wasn't an actual date. That girl was my boss daughter, he told me his daughter was in town for the weekend and that he'd appreciate it if I could take her out for the night. That's it." I explained.

Candy thought it over and sighed, "fine, Olivia Is at work right now so you can come back when she's out-"

"Thanks I'll go see her now!" I grinned and ran off towards the dinner hoping she'd listen to my explanation.

--
Olivia's POV
--
I was leaning on the counter talking to a co worker when I heard a heavy sigh. "this is supposed to be a BLT? Where's the girl?" He asked loudly.

I sighed and turned to look at him, "Oh I'm sorry do you not work here anymore?" He glared.

"duty calls." I smiled at my coworker and made my way towards the unhappy customer, I took his plate and promised to bring him another dish then I walked towards the kitchen to give them his new order. Once it was made a brought it back out to him and walked back into the kitchen.

"Hey honey are you still back there or are you still getting your beauty sleep? "He called out to me.

"Yes sir, how can I help you?" I put on my best fake smile and walked back up to the customer.

"You do know the difference between real eggs and powdered ones right? " He asked.

"Believe it or not." I nodded.

"I did three weeks in a P.O.W. camp. The Nazis fed us better than this." He shoved the plate back into my hands, "next time don't get smart with me sweetheart, your brains aren't your best feature. " I turned around to walk away when I felt him slap my butt.

"Oh and bring me a coffee too." He smiled sickly. I bit back any anger I had and walked into the kitchen yet again to fix him another plate.

After the order was placed I walked back out with coffee only to see he was holding a newspaper over his face as he read and he had left a bunch of bills on the table, I furrowed my eyebrows confused. "Um is there anything else I can get you sir while I wait on your order?" I asked as I filled his coffee cup.

"I'm good, thanks doll." A familiar voice answered. The man folded the newspaper and Bucky sat there with a grin on his face.

"Bucky? W-what are you doing here? And what happened to my customer? Did you scare him off?" I frowned placing a hand on my hip.

"First of all, that guy was a scumbag treating you like that." He grit his teeth, "I made a convincing argument that he should try a different diner, he did leave a tip though." He slid the bills closer to me. "And second of all, I came here to talk to you, I wanted to explain about last night."