Regift

I stood there starting up at his ocean blue eyes. His eyebrows were furrowed like he wasn't sure exactly what to do. I smiled softly and placed a hand on his cheek.

"doll..."

"Shh.." I smiled softly.

His eyes closed and he leaned into my palm. I stood on my toes and pressed my lips to his softly. He seemed hesitant to kiss back but cupped my cheek leaning into it. I smiled and wrapped my arm around his neck deepening the kiss. He hummed and pulled me closer holding my waist.

I lost myself in the kiss, The familiar way his slightly chapped lips moved perfectly in sync with mine. My hands instinctively threaded through his hair resulting in a soft moan. I grinned and started tugging at his shirt.

He slowed down and pulled away.

I frowned and looked up at him. "what's wrong?"

He sighed. "I can't.."

I frowned. "why not?"

"It's - it's just not right. You don't remember everything. " He cupped my cheek.

"then why can't you tell me?" I asked. "speed up the process?"

He sighed. "Bruce said you needed to remember on your own."

"It's not fair!" I groaned plopping down on his bed.

"I know, I'm so sorry." He sat next to me and took my hand in his.

"All I want is to be with you but I can't, not until you're okay.. I just want it to be right." He said softly as he kissed my hand.

"I understand, I just wish I could remember." I sighed leaning my head on his shoulder.

"You will, just give it time. It should come naturally now that you're away from Hydra." He said.

It was quiet for a few moments before I spoke up.

"I had a necklace...." I looked up at him.

He nods. "you did, I gave it to you on our first real date."

"You wanted me to keep it to remember you by?" I asked.

He nods. "correct, actually one of the first things I did when my memory came back was to track down that necklace..." He reached for his pocket.

"Have you been carrying it around?" I giggled.

He blushed. "I just wanted to feel closer to you, I was going to give it to you soon."

I smiled softly seeing it in his palm. "it's beautiful."

"Would you like to wear it?" He asked.

I bit my lip and nodded.

He signaled me to turn and I did, moving my hair aside.

He gently placed it on my neck then hooked it on the back to keep it in place.

I turned to him and smiled. "thank you James, it's beautiful." My hand reached up to straighten it.

He smiled. "we had our first kiss when I gave it to you originally."

I chuckled. "now we kiss again and here it is." I smiled down at it. "Maybe it's meant to be." I whispered to myself.

Bucky yawned. "it is."

I looked up, "I'm sorry I forgot I woke you. Please..." I motioned to his bed.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded, "I totally jumped you. The least I could do is let you sleep in your own bed."

He smiled and kicked his boots off and placed them by his night stand before laying back and letting out another yawn.

"Goodnight." I smiled softly laying beside him.

"Goodnight doll." He mumbled.

I stared at the ceiling suddenly questioning how I should position myself.

"Come here." He whispered.

I turned to look at him and he held and arm open. I smiled and scooted closer and laid my head on his chest as he laid his arm on my back.

I smiled softly and pulled the blanket closer to me as I drifted off into sleep.

--

"Now soldat you know what to do.. when the time is right you know what to do..." My Handler repeated as he walked out of the room.

My eyes stared at the picture they kept shoving at my face.

I nodded and let my head fall down to my chest. "I know what I have to do...Complete my mission." A tear slipped down my cheek. "at all costs."

--

I sat up gasping.

"Liv?" Bucky sat up worried. "hey what's wrong?" He rubbed my back.

"I-i think I had a bad dream... Or memory. I don't really know." I frowned.

"What was it about?" He asked. "if it's okay to ask ..."

I nodded and looked at him. "I can't remember much, but I just remember feeling dread, I had to do something, a mission I think. But I really didn't want to but I couldn't stop.."

He sighed, "they were controlling you, you don't have to worry about them... We've got you now.. I've got you." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me back down to bed.

"Thank you, for everything James. I know you have your own things to worry about." I reach up and lightly move some hair away from his face.

"I'd do anything for you doll, anything." He smiled.

I grinned. "I don't deserve you."

"You deserve the world." He kissed my forehead softly.

I took a deep breath and buried my face in his chest.

"Goodnight James."

"Goodnight Doll."

--

A/N: Hey guys! Shooot it's been a while. Haha sorry I've been busy with school and stuff. Yayyyyy another chapter!