Mind Link

Draco took a break from crying his eyes out to check in on Harry, almost sure that the brunette would be doing something that would certainly give them away. The blonde facepalmed when he reached out through their bond only to discover that the idiot Gryffindor was going to a bookshop to buy male pregnancy books. It wasn't just any bookshop; it was smackdab in the middle of Diagon Alley! It was almost as if Harry wanted everyone to know. Draco chuckled at the brunette's cluelessness. It was kind of cute.

/ Are you really about to do what I think you are? /

What was that?!

Right...hey Malfoy, do you mind not invading my mind?

/ I do mind. I mind a lot. /

/ If you're going to continue to do stupid things like this, I am settling in your mind forever. /

What are you talking about?

I am just buying a few things to make sure you guys will be alright.

Draco paled, as another tear made its way down his cheek. He almost forgot that he was pregnant for a second there, until stupid Potter had to remind him.

"You guys..."

A baby.

A baby I can never raise, one that I can never know.

Malfoy?!

Malfoy was snapped out of his thoughts by Harry's frantic one. He realized he'd been quiet for a while.

/ New rule, Potter. You can't say things like 'you guys'. In fact, you can't bring up anything that has to do with my...predicament. /

WHAT?!

Why?

How will that work?

/ You'll figure it out, and my reasons are none of your business. /

Fine.

I am sorry if I upset you.

I won't buy anything.

/ Of course, you're buying something, you stupid gryffindork. /

/ Just put on a disguise at least. /

Like this?

/ Merlin, Potter, how much stupider can you get?! /

What?

/ I obviously can't see you! /

How was I supposed to know that?

I don't know anything about this bond nonsense.

You keep surprising me.

/ Well, I can't see you. Anything that disguises your identity fully will suffice. /

Would you rather come with me?

/ I just told you not to mention anything that has to do with this. /

B-but this conversation is-

/ Nice talking to you, Potter. /

Draco severed the mind link, grateful that he had been taught everything about bonds as a child. He was even more grateful that Harry didn't know how to open the mind link back up again. The blonde really didn't feel like talking to him anymore, but the silence in his apartment was deafening, and he suddenly wished he had taken Potter up on the offer. He didn't want to participate in anything baby-related, though. This situation was already hard enough as it was; he didn't want to make it harder for him to let his own child go. The only thing that kept him from breaking down entirely was knowing that it would be in good hands. They may both be nineteen, but Harry had surprised Draco by how much he wanted the child. The blonde had been able to feel Harry's longing through their bond. He might be an idiot at times, but the brunette had matured greatly since school and he would be a good father. Of that, Draco was sure.