4 Weeks

Draco remained in his room for the next week, only coming out when Potter called him for meals. Even he knew what to do and what not to do as an unwelcome guest in someone's house. It was getting pretty lonely, though. He had nothing but his thoughts to keep him occupied, and they were wreaking havoc on him.

What am I going to do after the birth?

I have no job.

No money.

No friends.

No life.

I can't even take two steps out of my apartment without breaking down entirely and running back inside.

A knock sounded through the room, snapping the blonde out of his thoughts. He quickly got off the bed and opened the door for Harry, raising an eyebrow at the brunette's timing. It was midnight. What was he doing up? Didn't he have to get up at 6 AM everyday?

"Hey...Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if I could have another one of these potions that the officiate gave you?" Harry said, looking at the floor and fidgeting with his hands.

"Absolutely not, Potter. I already told you I can't risk running out," Draco said firmly, scowling. He knew that there was no way he would actually use up all the supply that the officiate gave him; it was enough for a year and a half. It was kind of funny to see the brunette squirm, though, and Draco was a bit curious as to why Harry needed the potion.

"I'll buy you more in the morning," Harry said quickly, "Please, Malfoy. I have a very important test tomorrow and I haven't been able to focus at all!"

The blonde rolled his eyes.

"They don't sell them in apothecaries. People usually like the effects of bonds and don't want to get rid of them. We're just the exception, but I'm sure you're used to that, so it shouldn't bother you."

Potter looked furious as he glared at Malfoy with his hands clenched into fists by his side.

"We both know you can floo call the officiate and ask for more. Why do you have to be so difficult, Malfoy?!" Harry snapped.

Draco burst into laughter.

"I'm bored and, to be honest, I am finding the effects of the bond quite entertaining," he said with a smirk.

"Of course, you find it entertaining! You're not the one who has to deal with a mopey, distraught partner who won't come out of his room so you can check on him!"

The blonde's smile instantly faded after that comment. He slammed the door in Harry's face, ignoring the brunette's frantic apologies, then pulled a box of potion vials out of his suitcase, opened the door again, and shoved the box into the brunette's arms.

"This should be enough for the week. If my presence still bothers you after that, I'll look into alternate living arrangements," he declared, then attempted to close the door, only to be stopped by Harry pushing back against it.

"Malfoy, wait. You don't bother me. I'd barely even notice you if it wasn't for the bond. I just feel really bad. I know this is tough on you, but I want you to...I don't know...be as happy as you can be? Please, could you tell me what I could do to make you feel better, at least? There must be something," the brunette said, a certain determination in his eyes. Draco sighed and shook his head.

"There isn't anything."

The blonde's heart throbbed unexpectedly when he saw the devastated expression on Harry's face.