Revelation

"He's being a complete arsehole AND he's unreasonable AND he yells at me about everything. What the hell am I supposed to do? I think he'd manage to get pissed off at me even if I was in a coma. I want to compromise but it seems like all he wants is for me to be bloody mute. I just don't understand what his problem is."

Harry slumped in his seat in Hermione's office after he was done with his rant. He'd been there for two hours telling her about the past two days. He hadn't even touched his food even though they were supposed to be having lunch together.

"Are you done?" Hermione asked, dabbing her lips with a napkin. Once she saw Harry nod, she pointed to the door and glared at him, "Good. Now go apologize to him!"

Harry simply stared at her with wide eyes, his mouth hanging open. Then, he shook his head and glared right back at her, saying, "Did you hear a single word I said, 'Mione?"

"I heard everything. It sounds like Malfoy is laying down his boundaries and you're ignoring them."

"Yes, because they're stupid boundaries!" Harry said firmly, huffed, then crossed his arms in front of his chest.

How does she not get this?

It's his fault we aren't getting along, not mine.

Why is she taking his side?

"He was going to have the pregnancy terminated. I can't imagine that was an easy choice for him. Now, he is giving his baby up. He's allowed to be a bit emotional about the situation. You bringing it up won't help him," the brunette witch replied with the same tone.

"No one told him to do that!"

"We don't know his circumstances, Harry!"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked, not knowing how else to reply to her accusations. The witch sighed, then bit her lip.

"The potion you told me about isn't just any regular nutritional one. It replaces whole meals and all dietary requirements for both the carrier and the child. Do you understand the implication?" Hermione asked gently.

Harry tilted his head in confusion. He already knew all of this. It was why he had gone to speak to Malfoy about it. The brunette was sure that the blonde had gotten mixed up. What pregnant person would need a potion that supplies them with literally all their food?

"Did you think that perhaps he has some sort of illness that is affecting his ability to swallow or eat?" Hermione asked after seconds of silence. Harry gaped at her.

No. I didn't.

"What illnesses would that be? H-how bad would it be for the baby?" the brunette asked breathlessly, afraid of the response.

"It wouldn't affect the baby at all. Malfoy might have something fatal, Harry. You said he was a lot thinner since the last time you saw him. It's not that uncommon for carriers in the first month of pregnancy to do so, but there could also be another reason. Perhaps he wanted to end the pregnancy because he wouldn't be around to take care of the child and thought you wouldn't want to do it. When you showed up, though, that could've changed his mind."

WHAT?!

"How could he not tell me something like that? I've asked him so many times and-" Harry whispered, shocked.

"And you're not really someone whose pity he needs," she pointed out, looking at the brunette with sympathy, "Look, I am not saying that's the case. I am just saying we don't know, so maybe you can try to be more patient with him? The situation is far from ideal, but at least he trusts you enough to give you his child forever. He must really be fond of you on some level, Harry."