5 Weeks

For the next week, Harry didn't bother to knock on Malfoy's door during meals, only leaving them in the fridge for the blonde to heat up whenever he was hungry. He was beyond pissed at Draco because of what he had said. He kept trying to tell himself that it wasn't true, but, deep down, he was terrified that he wouldn't be able to raise a child on his own. He kept thinking back to the argument he had had with Ginny two weeks earlier.

- Flashback -

"Harry, you're nineteen. I'm eighteen. I don't even know what I want out of life yet. You can't expect me to settle down and raise some other guy's kid!" Ginny yelled, looking the brunette in the eye. He sighed in response.

"Gin, I don't expect you to do anything. I just don't want it to change things between us," Harry said firmly in response.

"How? How could it not change things? I'll have to live in the same house and see the kid and be woken up by them at night and-and I'll have to help, Harry! You'll want me to help, eventually. You're just saying this now because you just don't know what it's like. You'll go crazy. My mother went crazy and she had my dad and all my brothers helping her out. It's not as easy as you think-" Ginny started, then trailed off, looking at the ground.

"I don't think it'll be easy, but it's the reality of the situation. What do you want me to do about it?" the brunette asked calmly, walking across the room and taking a seat. They had been at this for hours and his legs were growing tired.

"I don't know. I'm not blaming you, love. I know it was beyond your control, but-maybe there's another way? Maybe this guy could, you know, take care of it?" the red-head asked, still not looking at Harry.

How could you say that?

"Gin-"

"You don't even have to talk to him. Just tell me who it is and I'll do it," Ginny said with a determined look in her eyes, after they had snapped up to meet Harry's.

"I told him I wouldn't say anything..." the brunette murmured, putting his face in both his hands.

"Then you're going to have to talk to him, yourself. You can make me the bad guy, but, please, just do this for us. I have a career ahead of me. I just made the Holy Harpies. I'm not ready to give that up just yet. I mean, I'm not even sure I ever wanted to have kids-"

Harry's head snapped up at that, his mouth hanging open.

Why wouldn't you tell me that?!

"What? You're joking, right?" he asked, breathlessly.

"Not you, too, Harry. I've told you countless times that I don't want to be like my mother. I don't want to be a baby machine-" Ginny started angrily, but was cut off by Harry.

"Yes and I'm not asking you to be one, but you never said you didn't want kids at all! You know how much having children means to me. I told you that right when we started dating!" Harry snapped, unable to believe what he was hearing.

"That was three years ago! And-and, of course, you 'd want kids! You're not the one who is going to have to give up their entire lives for them. You'll still have your job and your friends and everything. I'll be stuck at home with them. I know how these things work, Harry. Guys always promise to be there, but the second the mother needs them, they're too busy with their own lives. Perhaps it was alright for my mother, but I don't want to be that way."

"Let me get this straight," the brunette said with a serious tone, "So, you don't want to have kids with me. You don't want to support me when I'm in a tight spot. You don't even trust me enough to keep my word about helping you when we do have kids...why care we even together, Ginny?"