10 Weeks

Harry didn't know what to do. For a week after their visit with Hermione, his relationship with Draco had been steadily improving. They ate every meal together, watched movies to pass the time at night, and sometimes even talked about Harry's cases. Draco's presence wasn't all that bad, but it was nothing like his life would've been had he chosen Ginny. The brunette hated comparing the two situations, but his mind did it without his permission.

Ginny was kind and caring while Malfoy was just...always indifferent towards everything. Ginny used to ask the brunette about his day, whereas Harry felt like Draco was only listening to him out of courtesy. Ginny would sometimes surprise him with random gifts and romantic gestures. Of course, there would be no reason for Draco to do that, but agreeing to the ultrasound would've been nice of the blonde. Overall, it didn't seem liked the blonde cared about Harry or his happiness one bit, but it didn't matter.

He's giving me a child.

The thing I wanted most in life.

I owe him everything.

All that changed after their second visit to Hermione, three weeks after their first. The witch's face immediately fell after she ran the tests to see whether Draco's iron-based diet had worked.

She shook her head where she stood and the three of them went silent, until Draco suddenly made the worst joke in the world.

"So, about that translatio potion?" he asked, drumming his fingers on the desk between them impatiently.

"Very funny, Draco. You're not taking it. End of discussion!" Harry said firmly. To his surprise, the blonde didn't fight him on the matter and didn't claim that it was none of the brunette's business. He merely shrugged, then sighed and sent his thoughts to Harry.

Fine.

We'll try the other potions.

But remember that this was your decision.

For when I get too...clingy.

The brunette felt strong insecurity radiating off of the blonde and quickly tried to assure him that it would be alright. Harry placed a tentative hand on Draco's and squeezed.

I won't mind.

I promise.

Draco's head snapped up and he looked at the brunette with a surprised expression.

"Really?"

Harry smiled.

"Yes, really."

The blonde blushed furiously and nodded his head, then said something that surprised both Hermione and Harry.

"You can do the ultrasound and...get the picture," he murmured, then got up, lifted his shirt, and laid back on the table for Hermione.

Are you sure about this?

Positive.

Hermione immediately cast a spell on the tiny, barely visible, bump in Draco's stomach. Almost instantly, a projection of the ultrasound manifested on the opposite wall. Harry felt tears welling up in his eyes as he saw the-

"Wait. Are-are those?" he stammered, unable to believe what he was seeing.

"Twins. Yes," Hermione said cheerfully, "Would you like to hear the heartbeats?"

Harry's heart was bursting with joy. He immediately nodded his head.

"Yes! Of course, we want to hear them. Oh Merlin, they're so beautiful. Draco, look at-"