30 Weeks

So bloody stupid.

Going back to work so soon.

Going out to fields...

Throwing yourself in front of curses...

When you know you have responsibilities.

I know you're dense, Harry, but this is pushing it!

The brunette sighed. They had been having the same conversation for a week, ever since the healer told Harry he'd be free to go in seven days and the brunette had immediately owled the blonde the news, declaring that he couldn't wait to go back to work. In retrospect, that had been a mistake. Draco had protested against Harry's decision in every possible way, going as far as coming back into St. Mungo's despite knowing the risks. Ron quickly found a way for the wards to stop detecting Draco's dark mark, but he wouldn't tell anyone, saying it required some unethical actions.

Harry's eyes had started to burn with unshed tears when he found out about that. Ron had apologized for what he had said in Hermione's office and when Harry had asked him to take the unbreakable vow, but the way he had risked his job over and over again to get Draco to visit Harry immediately had the brunette forgive him. He couldn't not. Draco, on the other hand, didn't even thank the red-head, refusing to accept his apologies and huffing at him whenever he came close to them.

"Of course, he did this. He needed some way to get on your good side again, but I am willing to forgive and forget if you promise not to go back to the aurors," the blonde had said in an attempt to lure Harry into staying at home for a while.

Though the brunette usually hated hospitals, he found that he didn't mind them that much with his friends around him. It was just like Hogwarts again, minus the people trying to kill him, and with the addition of Draco. The blonde just made everything a lot more bearable for Harry, despite his constant whining. All in all, the brunette had never felt so cherished by someone like he had by Draco during that one week in the hospital.

"Come on, I already told you that they're not going to let me back on the field for a few weeks at least. I am just going to be sitting behind a desk. No one could possibly get hurt doing that," Harry argued back. He wasn't annoyed at Draco; he was actually feeling a bit guilty about making the blonde worry and wanted to reassure him. The blonde folded his arms in front of his chest and scoffed, but eventually nodded.

"I guess not," he said quietly. Harry got off the hospital bed and went over to where Draco was sitting, gently cupping the blonde's cheek and speaking through their link once Draco looked up.

I wouldn't have put myself in danger if the curse was fatal.

I knew it would be fine if it hit either one of us.

I just thought it would be better if it didn't.

I took a calculated risk.

I honestly didn't think the curse would hit me at all, but Ron moved and it did.

Of course Weasley would do something that idiotic.

What did you expect?

Harry rolled his eyes at that.

Either way, I know I have responsibilities.

I have the twins to think about and I am not going to put myself in any real danger, alright?

"Fine," the blonde said, nodding his head, "I understand. You're bored. You want to have something to do. I get that."

Harry sensed that the blonde wanted to say more, but when he opened his mouth to ask, the nurse came in with the discharge papers, and he decided to wait until the next day, after he had gotten a good night's sleep in his own bed.

Draco looked like he was going to say something as they sat across from one another at the table the next morning, so Harry waited. They were having breakfast...or Harry was having breakfast while the blonde was fidgeting and glancing at the brunette every few seconds with a nervous look on his face.

"Is everything alright?" Harry finally asked, putting down his fork and looking the blonde in the eye.

"Er-Before Ron did that thing with the wards, I couldn't go into St. Mungo's and I didn't really want to hang out here all the time and wait for updates, so...I started to take more walks," Draco explained, "Well, I got to the end of the street where all those shops are."

A wide smile spread across the brunette's face as he chanted the same seven words again and again in his mind.

Don't ask him if he went in.

"That's amazing! I know you don't think it's much, but it is, Draco. I can see it now. You're going to be able to go anywhere by the end of the pregnancy. I'm sure," Harry said cheerfully, taking one of the blonde's hands and squeezing it, his heart warming when Draco squeezed back. He knew he shouldn't be doing this. It didn't help either of them to indulge in their feelings for one another when they would inevitably be separated in the end. The brunette couldn't help it, though. On some level, though he knew it was irrational, he believed he would be more likely to succeed in convincing the blonde to stay if they were together.

"That's not what I wanted to tell you," the blonde suddenly murmured, snapping Harry out of his thoughts, "The cafe down the street has a help wanted sign."

The brunette's eyes widened. Before the curse hit Harry, the blonde had had a breakdown when some guy asked him for directions on the street. And-and now he wanted to get a job where he'd interact with people all day long? Not to mention the fact that he'd be on his feet for hours on end, which would be difficult considering he's 7 months pregnant. It's not like he could explain that to his boss. How would he even apply? He doesn't have any I.D. He can't put down Grimmauld Place as his address, either; it's under a fidelius charm. Does he plan on continuing to work there after the babies are born? What happened to him not wanting Harry to know where he works? Is he changing his mind? Does he want to be involved? Why does he even want a job? He knows he doesn't need to work while he's here. He doesn't even need to work ever again.

I can just take care of him forever if he just asks me to.

You know I can hear everything you're thinking, right?

The brunette's eyes widened as he realized all of his concerns had slipped through their link. Thankfully, though, the blonde didn't look angry at Harry. He didn't even look surprised. He was smirking for some reason.

"Look, I know it's a long shot, but-I've gotta start somewhere, right?" he said, shrugging. Harry waited for him to continue, to offer some explanation as to whether this meant that he was planning on staying after the birth, but Draco said nothing more on the subject, only asking if the brunette knew how he could get a muggle ID.

Not really, but I could ask Hermione.

Draco nodded, smiled, then returned to eating his food. Harry waited five minutes before he opened his mouth to ask the question, knowing it would slip through their link either way if left unanswered for too long. The blonde spoke before the brunette could get a single word out.

"I don't know, Harry. Maybe. I just- I didn't think I could ever step foot outside the house again, let alone make it all the way to St. Mungo's. So, perhaps I'm capable of more than I give myself credit for. If that turns out to be the case, I'd like nothing more than to be with you and our children, but I can't promise anything, not until everything turns out okay."

Harry smiled widely, squeezing the blonde's hand again.

"It will all be fine. I promise you."