The Talk

Draco heard a knock on his door an hour after he told Harry the name of the potion he needed. He jumped, not yet used to having anyone visit him. When he opened the door, his eyes snapped to Harry's hands, which were empty.

"I know I said that I'd bring them, but I asked the guy at the apothecary a couple of questions about the potion and, to be honest, I don't particularly like his answers," the brunette said quietly, looking Draco in the eyes. His gaze fell to his wrists, but he continued with more confidence, "Can I come in? I would like to talk about this. I want to respect your boundaries, Malfoy, but you're going to need to respect my wishes, too, and I want to understand everything that is happening here. Is that alright?"

The blonde tilted his head in confusion. Since when was the brunette that mature and tactful? Draco's eyes followed Harry's to his wrists, the writing on which Harry tried to hide by pulling on his sleeve. He failed. The blonde burst out laughing.

"Did...you actually...write that down...on your arms?" Draco asked between laughs. The brunette just grew redder and huffed, then crossed his arms in front of his chest, glaring at the ground.

"You're not exactly an easy person to talk to, Malfoy," Harry gritted out. Suddenly, the blonde felt the absolute terror that the brunette had been experiencing. Harry was afraid of Draco and what he might do if the brunette bothers him even a little bit.

Don't upset him.

He might threaten to have an abortion again.

"It wasn't a threat," Draco instantly said, more to calm the brunette down than to defend himself against Harry's harsh words. He understood why the brunette would feel that way. Upon seeing Harry's look of confusion, Draco continued, "I would never threaten to...do that. It wasn't a threat. I was bluffing. If you broke any of my rules, the most I could do is be a little bit more difficult. But...Potter, if you're stepping up, I won't stand in your way, especially in such an inhumane manner."

"Thank you, Draco," the brunette said. Draco smiled slightly in response and stepped closer to his door, hand on the doorknob, intending to go back inside.

"If there is nothing else..."

"Yes, there is. Don't try to distract me. I still want to talk to you about the potions. Can I come in?" Harry said, smiling back and gesturing towards the apartment. Draco froze. Harry would figure out how broke the blonde was the instant he entered the apartment. But Draco also couldn't go outside; there were too many people outside, and he was too afraid. That only left one option.

"Could we go to your place instead?" the blonde asked, and sighed in relief when Harry shrugged and held out his arm for a side-apparation. Draco ignored the tingly feeling he got in his stomach the moment he held onto Harry so they could go to Grimmauld Place.

Harry apparated them both to Grimmauld place, then led Malfoy to the sofa, where the blonde sat down with a wary expression. The brunette wanted him to be more comfortable, so, before he sat down, he asked if Malfoy wanted tea. The blonde opened his mouth to answer, but, before he could do so, something on the table caught his eye. Draco frowned deeply. Harry looked down and realized that he had left the catalogs of baby products that he had gotten earlier on the table.

"Er...sorry about those, Malfoy," Harry said, then quickly picked them up and put them into a bag, setting it out of Malfoy's view. When he looked back up, the blonde was smiling slightly at him.

"What?" Harry asked, liking the smile more than he cared to admit. It disappeared instantly as Draco shook his head and said "Nothing."

"Oh, come on! Tell me what you're laughing about. Do all these brands suck or something? Am I messing it up already?" Harry asked, hoping that wasn't the case. If he was going to be a single parent, he shouldn't be making these stupid mistakes. He should know these things. He needed to do more.