21 Weeks

Harry watched, his arms crossed around his chest, as the blonde silently ate the soup that the brunette had made. When Hermione had sent him a letter saying that Ron had upset Draco again, Harry wasted no time in finding a safe spot to apparate, since he couldn't do so from within the field where the mission took place. He had prayed that it wouldn't be as bad as the time the red-head had seen the blonde in Hermione's office. The minute he entered Draco's room and heard the blonde crying under the bed, his heart sank, realizing it was way worse.

The brunette had felt more guilty than frightened. His mission had ended a day earlier, but he had figured the blonde wouldn't care if Harry stayed a bit. The other Aurors had decided to stay in the field and call it a fun overnight trip. They had the day off work, anyway, so why not?

Because I have a pregnant Draco at home!

That's why not!

Why did I stay?!

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

"It's okay. I understand. I'm a lot to deal with," the blonde suddenly murmured, snapping Harry out of his thoughts. The brunette looked up. Draco had shoved the soup away, pulled his sleeves over his knuckles, and wrapped his arms around himself, looking away from Harry.

"No. That's not true! I-I didn't think you'd miss me. I just wasn't thinking. I'm so sorry, Draco," Harry said frantically, not knowing what else to say to get the blonde to snap out of whatever had gotten into him.

"Don't lie to me," the blonde gritted out, looking a bit frustrated, "I know Weasley came back a week ago. What other reason would you have? You clearly weren't planning on returning!" Harry's eyes widened. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Did Draco actually think that the brunette would abandon him? Had he been thinking that the whole time Harry was away?

"No! That's not true. Of course, I was going to come back. I- okay, maybe I needed some time away," he said frantically, "but I only stayed one extra day after the mission ended. I wouldn't have if I knew you needed me here. Ron was injured on the field and had to come back early. I-"

The brunette trailed off, just now noticing the letters on the table across the room. Draco followed his gaze, then slumped in his seat.

"I knew you'd try to let me down easily after that kiss. I know you don't want to be with me, but I just...didn't want to read it," the blonde explained, pouting a bit.

Harry groaned. The first three letters did address the kiss and how the brunette had been caught up in the moment. Draco was right about that, but he had worried the brunette when he didn't reply to any of them and kept sending Harry vague updates about the babies. It was the reason why Harry had reached out to Hermione and asked her to look after Draco and update him as best she could.

I care about you, too.

I wanted to know how you were doing.

If you'd just told me-

"I'm fine," the blonde said suddenly, cutting Harry off, then seemed to realize how ridiculous that sounded and continued, "or I was fine, until..."

"I left you some galleons and glamour potions. Why didn't you use them to go to restaurants? What have you been eating?" Harry finally asked when Draco said nothing for a few seconds. The blonde suddenly frowned, looking...ashamed?

"Hermione made me three meals everyday and sent them over by owl. They were shrunk and charmed to resize and heat up during meal times. I think, on some level, she knows," the blonde explained. Harry didn't know what to say to that. He knew Draco hated questions, but this had gone on long enough. Harry needed to know what was happening with the blonde.