Growing

"Eve you better not be using all the hot water!" My dad said while knocking on the door. I chuckled to myself. I'm so used to be alone that I  didn't care how cold the water was going be for the next person. I'm enjoying mine. I took a glorious look at my body slightly getting turned on which I haven't felt in such a long time. I couldn't even remember. My dad banged on the door one good time which made me hop out of the bathroom. He gave me a gruesome look and slammed the bathroom door behind him. I put on some black sweats with some regular nikes and put my hair up in a ponytail. I walk down the stairs and was already greeted by Azalea and the rest of his family. "How did you sleep pretty girl after a long day like yesterday?" I smiled and lied right through my teeth. "Like a baby honestly this house is so comfortable." "I see the girls held you hostage all night. "You can always go and get your space I'll make sure they understand they can be very smothering. Just like their mommy." She whispered. "They look just like you and you don't have to worry about that they'll be begging me to go home! I'm going to do a lot of things with them." She smiled and I gave her one back.
I ate my breakfast which wasn't half bad while I waited on my dad. "Eve your dad told us your gonna be gone all day you mind going by the gas station and get me a lottery ticket? I wrote the numbers right here baby." I nodded my head. My dad came down in a nice grey jacket and sweatpants with shiny white air forces that almost glowed. "You ready eve?" I got up real quick and clutched my purse. He kissed Azalea goodbye and hugged and kissed the girls. I gave them a wave and kind of rushed out the door. My heart couldn't see my dad be so happy with his family sometimes it makes me hate being born. I wiped the tear from my eye as soon as I heard the door open. "Alright, we got three places to go, they each take us about two hours to get to, so we won't be back till later on tonight. Hope you went to the bathroom while you were having a party in there cause I ain't stopping." I told him I was cool and got In the front seat. He turned up the radio real loud and pulled off. " I'm not telling you one thing about your mouth today because its your loss if you do run it." I rolled my eyes. "You don't have to worry about any of that." i said whiled putting my feet up against the dash board.

We've been riding for about an hour and a half. The music was pumping through my headphones and the breeze felt nice. I closed my eyes and just relaxed until I got a tap on my shoulder. "Alright, we're almost there. Where we're going too, you have to have your game face on at all times. I wiped my goosebumps off my arms i have  no cash right now so I'll do whatever it takes. We pulled up to the stinky old cottage where two hispanic man sitting in the rocking chairs. "All right we're here." As soon as my dad got out of the car one of the men holler. " Oh shit the King has arrived!" They get up walk over to him and dap them up. "Yeah who is this little cutie I didn't know you fuck with fluffy chicks my dude." "Hey, that's my daughter watch your fucking mouth y'all always playing and shit." They both got scared and apologized" My bad Homie just go around back Ant It's back there waiting for you." My dad nodded his head and he pulled me in real close to him and we walked around back. The smell was unbelievably disgusting. It smells like hot rotten garbage or something else I didn't even want to think about. A fat old lady was sitting in a white plastic chair with a sleeping pit next to her. She saw me and my dad and raised her eyebrow. She started speaking Spanish then out of nowhere dad started talking back to her which shocked me. " You know how to speak Spanish?" My dad gave his award-winning smile. " There's a lot that you don't know about me ." She sat back and knocked on the door two times. "Adel-ante!" A man howled. Then the fat lady got up moved the chair and the sleeping pit. My dad opened the door and a tall white sweating man was sitting behind a desk scratching his oily hair. He sees me and my dad and hops up. "MY MAIN MAN!" The second he lifts his arms a gust of wind comes out of it. Onions and sauerkraut surprise I choke on my vomit. In the corner of my eye, I see my dad glaring at me. I guess it's something that he's used too and now I understand the game face part. Snapping me and my thoughts  the  reeking man gets in front of me to shake my hand which I couldn't even think of doing because he stinks so bad. I give him A fist bump and a little step back. " The shit is in the back Cane, you can go get it I trust you." It was just me and him alone and the rotten smell. He sits back behind a desk and just smiles at me. "So how do you know The king back there?" I raise my eyebrow because the questioning wasn't a part of the agreement. "Uh he's my dad......" he smiles. "You don't have to lie to me his daughters aren't even in elementary school yet." I remember to myself this man is a complete stranger  he doesnt  need to know the real me! Fuck him he doesn't need to know my business." I chuckled to myself. " OHHHHHH!!! YOU THOUGHT I WAS TALKING ABOUT MY REAL DAD NOOOOOO HE'S LIKE MY SUGAR DADDY!" His face changes. I was thinking that. Imma Back off... I don't want problems with you or that crazy half-breed science experiment went wrong Azalea." "Fuck you stay about my wife?" Both of our blood run cold. Ant stands back up. I was saying how a great family you have. I smiled at my dad just like he smiles at me. "Ready to go daddy?" He nods his head. "Yeah let's go and I'll talk to you later for real Ant." He clutched the back of my neck and shoved me out of the room. "Alright on to our next destination!" He's said with fake enthusiasm. I shook my head finding his tone amusing. We get to the car and he puts some items in the trunk. "Alright, your turn to drive." He threw me the keys. "What the hell you mean?" " You heard me." I hopped in. "Where tbs directions at?" "Right here." Then had pointed to himself. "The fuck that's supposed to mean?" I asked. He rolled his eyes I got close to me. "I'm giving you the directions to start the car up and drive straight until I tell you to turn. He gave me the cold stare like he dared me to say another word. Staring at the wheel I started to remember what times I stole my mom's car while she was handing her business out in the street. Of course, I got caught a couple of times and she whoopped my ass like no tomorrow, but It will still be worth the rush of adrenaline. To start the car and decide where I wanted to go was the only freedom I had. "Turn left!" I quickly cut the wheel. I almost missed the turn. "What the hell are you thinking about?!! I told you To turn left six times." I stompped on the break. " My bad I was talking about mom." He raised his eyebrow. "What did I tell you about what we're doing right now? You should've left that shit back at my crib! Come on now start the car up we have no time to fucking waste." I started up the car and drove. Every direction he told me I didn't hesitate to do it. The car is mostly silent but I finally asked him to turn the radio on and we just listen to it. I thought about my parents getting in the car together for a joyride while my mom was pregnant with me. How different it could've been if they didn't let the bullshit around them ruin their relationship.We could of took so many road trips together all that was a fantasy to me. A dream liking meeting Santa clause or seeing a unicorn. "We're three minutes away."
I glanced over at the clock and it was 5:30.
It was just a straight road with woods covering both sides of us. I was scared something was going to hop out like Bigfoot or some shit. "OK you're going to turn right." I did exactly that. We pulled up to a medium-sized almost abandon looking house covered with trees and a metal fence covering the back of the house. The sun is starting to set..... It kind of gave me the creeps. "115 Almond Avenue?" I asked while my hands trembled " Alright i want you to do me a favor and go in the trunk and lift up the rug ." My eyebrows raised up so high i thought it was gonna get caught up in my hair. I sprinted out the car to the trunk. The sun really started to set which gave me large goosebumps. I lifted up the rug and first thing that hit me was the odor. It smells just like that stinky ass man's office. This made no sense not even a little bit.I whinced in pain from holding back my vomit. It was a young woman who had to be 30 at most holding on to an unknown duffle bag. My dad walked up behind me causing me to jump and kind of yell. He wrapped his hand around my mouth real tight and whisperd in my ear. "Shhh...... babygirl its alright she was a very bad and sneaky woman who let alot of innocent girls like yourself to get murderd and raped." A bright light was pointed straight towards us along with two red dots poited at our heads. My dad puts his hands up showing no fear and hollars. "YO T its us fool help us bring this shit in the garage. I was blinded  from the light all i could see was this man's height he looked like an oak tree. The mystery man walks slowly towards because he was I could barely recognize his face. " what took you so long Why making so much noise out her little lady. I feel like I was in a lucid dream. His voice was coming in terrifying at the same time. My dad angrily rubbed his face. " I'm sorry I wasn't expecting what we was going to get into tonight or wasn't even informed.... "Cut  the fucking chitchat let's get this bitch in the garage she is attracting bugs out here!" The man nodded his head and put the woman over his shoulders. The more he walks the more I notice a chain like sound coming from his feet. My dad made us walk close behind him so I couldn't even see his feet if I wanted to because it was getting so dark former glory finally we got the garage which was on the other side of the house. I mean walk through the glowing doors. And before me and my dad walked in can you grab me whispered in my ear. "When I was a little boy my grandmother told me if I was ever up on the face of evil or about to be on godly I should say these words or in my opinion feel stronger."
God of all mercy, we are heartsick over the ruin and desolation that sin has brought upon our world, upon our nation. Have mercy on us. And please, have mercy on the families of those who lost their lives in this terrible tragedy. Comfort them in their grief, and show yourself to be the God of consolation that you are. You are the healer of broken hearts, and families and loved ones are utterly crushed by this senseless tragedy – draw them to your side, and show yourself to be the answer to their anguish. And please touch the lives of the many hundreds who lie wounded, and yes, even those who survived. Quiet their anxieties and fears, and heal their wounds. Cause them, as they lie on their beds, to seek you and turn to you with their concerns. And please, Lord, restore them and heal them.
Finally, Lord, we do not attempt to search for meaning in this massacre. We praise you for your sovereignty, even over this awful tragedy. For you have judged it better to bring good out of evil than to arrange it that no evil should exist. Men cannot be made good by laws; good can only spring from a change in peoples' hearts. In the powerful name of our Savior, Amen. My eyes began to water a little bit. So this is what I was made to do? I think to myself hating where I was dragging to. The garage was poorly lit with one light dangling from the ceiling. The room was boiling hot from the water heater. The shadow man slammed the lady on the floor and began removing her clothes.  I clenched my fist in fear from what my eyes were witnessing.  The heat in the garage increased by the second which made the smell uderly worse. I still couldnt see the shadow man's face which terrfied me. This was so completly wrong who knows what this woman did to be violated in such a way. "I want nothing left from this bitch do you hear me??? Everything needs to be gone!" The stranger stood up straight and opened what looked like a very old furnace and the room got uncomfortably hot to the point I was dizzy and couldn't see straight. I sprinted out the garage terrified of what my father had me doing after all those years without telling me happy birthday, and goodnight, and most of all I love you. I heard footsteps getting closer behind me as I ran closer to the car then everything went black.