Careful

"You got your stuff Eve it's finna be a long drive?" I walked out the door making sure everything was locked up. " Yeah, dad I'm straight let's go."
It's been a whole month and I haven't heard anything from Dre, Dj, even Sandy. I have just been alone. Dre only cares about himself. He gets me sooooooo close just to disappear and have me lonelier than I was before. My dad used to the perfect time to use my punishment I'm going to meet his family during Thanksgiving break. My ma still hasn't moved a muscle but my dad told me I'm not allowed to see her anymore he's taking care of anything. Every time I even mention my mom it ends up in a heated argument that never gets resolved. Another downside is that I lost my job over the stupid Lil kickback we had. That was the last time I saw Sandy she was crying and begging for her job back like she didn't have any dignity. It took forever for my dad to shut up about me losing my job so stupidly, but he has a friend who owns a car wash and gave me a job working behind the counter where all the paying is being done. I appreciated him for that because it's paying me twice as much as that bbq joint I'm getting closer and closer to getting my car! We decorated the apartment and made it more homelike through everything that came with my mom any harm so when she comes back home shit will be different. My dad has a house in Virginia he only uses when the family gets together and we're spending Thanksgiving there. " E you'll be seeing your grandmother and aunts and cousins they haven't seen you seen you since you were a baby." " That's so sad I haven't seen them since then they're my family for god sake." I rolled my eyes. He turned up the radio completely ignoring what I said.
"If you love me" by Brownstone were blasting through the speaking. "I didn't think you listened to this type of music." "Why you think that Lil girl?" "Because this song is about opening up and being there and you did none of that." He slammed on the breaks in the middle of a back road. "WHEN ARE YOU GONNA GET THAT STICK OUTTA YOUR ASS EVE! THAT ANGRY BLACK WOMAN BULL SHIT IS GETTING OLD YOU ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO LOOKING DOWN AT ME DO YOU FUCKING HEAR ME?! "I SACRIFICED EVERYTHING FOR YOU AND YA MOTHER ITS NOT MY FAULT SHE SMOKED EVERYTHING AWAY SO STOP FUCKING BLAMING ME!" I was trembling....... He took a giant breath in. "I'm done arguing with a kid..... and you gonna stop arguing with damn adults before you put yourself in a situation you can't get yourself out of." I got out and slammed the door. He got out quickly after me. He snatched me up and hugged me tightly. I could feel his heart beating fast through his jacket. The road was empty and silent just heavy breathing and my crying. The sun started to rise. "What can I do to have you forgive me?" I honestly didn't know my brain wants him far from me but that little girl inside misses her daddy more than anything in the world. I let go of him and went back in the car acting like all of that never happened. I checked my phone and I noticed I had a missed call but I couldn't recognize the number. I turned my phone off and put it in my suitcase. " "I promise you imma make everything up to you." I nodded my head and turned the music back on. I closed my eyes and zoned out to the music slowly breathing.

" Cane where you at Eve won't stop crying I think somethings wrong?" She sits on the couch laying the small baby in her chest rubbing its back. "Cece you know I'm working I can't be coming in and out of the damn room Ion needs no toxic smells around the baby." She sighed as the baby started to cry louder. " That's why I called you out here I think she's has a fever." He walked closer to her and picked up the baby. The crying started to quiet down as he rocked her back and forth. " She just misses her daddy that's all." He held the baby close to his heart. Light snores came from the little bundle. He sat on the couch letting the baby get as comfortable as can be. "Cane what are we going to don't think I can handle all this." Before she spoke more he cut her off by kissing her lips. " I got you." That was all he said as he got up and laid the baby down.  While he was singing a lullaby she stole product right from under him, she knew it was wrong she loves him dearly but the stress was causing her to go more and more insane. No one could tell but she was dying inside and no matter what it took she would anything to feel alive again.