Gladiolus

Gladiolus ~ An Old World plant of the iris family, with sword-shaped leaves and spikes of brightly colored flowers, popular in gardens and as a cut flower. Symbolizing strength and moral integrity, gladioli also represent infatuation, with a bouquet conveying to a recipient that they pierce the giver's heart with passion.
The heat keeps rising in this pool of darkness. I try to swim to the surface but I can't get through. Choking on my air, I flip myself upside down and swim towards the bottom. A slit of light starts to glow up the darkness, the light gets brighter and bright the closer I get. The slit opens and brightness is all I see. I blink my eyes twice to adjust to the light and notice I'm still in the same place I was all night. My head throbs hard and my mouth is dry as all hell. I slowly get up feeling the soft carpet under my feet and go straight to the bathroom. I wash my face and drink a glass of water. "My head is killing me." I whispered.I turn my head in the mirror and there's. Giant purple hickies down my neck. I walk out of the bathroom clearly remember everything that happened last night. The house was silent and cold I walked down the giant staircase looking down at the mess downstairs. People were sleeping on couches and tables mostly guys. I walked out to the balcony and got some fresh air surprisingly it was warmer out there than inside. I close my eyes tightly picturing myself dancing on Cameron while Dre watched me. How dare that nigga leave with the two girls he didn't even fucking know them. I shook my head and stood up looked at the view from the house the sun looked so close. I hear the glass door slide I turned around and it was Dj. "Good morning E what you doing out here." I turned to look at the early morning sky. " Nun just getting some fresh air last night was crazy." He chuckled. " Hell yeah, but you missed all the good shit. I hope you don't mind me putting it down on Sandy I gotta Lil thing for SnowBunnies." " Nah y'all grown you do what yall do." I laughed.  I start to think about and a wave of emotions wash over me. "Did Dre comeback last night?" Dj shook his head. "Nah but I know one thing that nigga prolly went buck wild on them hoes." My stomach started to turn, and jealousy was all over my face. "Dj, can I ask you sum?" He nodded his head. " How does Dre treat girls?" Dj turned to me. " Lemme tells you something, I can tell you feeling Dre and he the type of dude that worries about relationships last first is always money." " I get up and dust myself off. "Well tell Dre I'll see him around I got things to do." I walked back into the mansion and see Sandy cooking breakfast. I walked up to her and chuckled. " Girl, what you doing?" She looked at me and smiled. " Making Big daddy some breakfast." My eyes widened so big all I did was smile at the poor girl. "Well, I'm finna dip Sandy see you at work tomorrow." I walked to the guest room and looked for the bag Dre got from my crib. I pulled out my shirt and jeans and got a Uber the price was ridiculous because I was almost an hour away from my crib but I scheduled it anyway. When I got the notification that it was outside I dipped the hell out. I looked at the time and it was already 12:40. Then I got a message from my dad saying the saying he will be at my crib in 30 mins. I sit back looking at all the cars passing, and think about living differently. Pulling up to the apartment building I see Ms. Tracey and justice moving boxes to a car. I jump out and run towards them. "What's going on??" Ms. Tracey looks towards me and a tear ran down here. " TELL HER JUSTICE TELL HER HOW YO FAST ASS GOT PREGNANT!" "Wait maybe we can all talk about this." Ms. Tracey shook her head quickly. " NO. Justice will be moving down south with her grandmother during her pregnancy I can't afford that right so she's leaving." Justice starts to cry loudly which made my tears fall. I hug her so tightly I never would have thought Ms. Tracey would send her away. "Ms. Tracey please could you at least wait till tomorrow morning to leave some and justice will spend our last night together?" Tracey finally came around and agreed with her staying for the night. I ran up the step cause my pops would be here any minute. I quickly cleaned this fucking pigsty of an apartment. This time it's gonna stay clean. I noticed there were little dots of mom's blood still on the floor so I quickly scrubbed it up. I sat back down and took a breath and closed my eyes. A second later I hear two knocks on the door. I jump up and get the courage to walk to the door. My hand shook when I twisted the knob. When I opened the door my heart pounded like a drum. " Wussup Eve you are so grown now." His giant arms wrapped around me so tightly." He looked completely different, I never noticed how tall and big he was. His skin was a darker brown and his hair was cut low you could see a couple of grey hairs.
"Oh hey." He let go of me. " Wow, I can't believe y'all still living in the same place. "Yeah, we never left." I wasn't prepared for something like this I didn't know what to say to him. "Look, me not being around here with you was a safer baby girl. I'm a very dangerous man my life was already affecting ya mother so I didn't want it to happen to you. After I heard about your mom I tried to contact you as fast as I could because, to be honest boo I never was gone.   I know the money can't replace me being here but I always made sure you were straight." I cut him off. "Money? What money you talking about." He raised his eyebrow. "All the money I will be sending to make sure you straight." I start to get mad. " Man what the fuck ain't no money came through here in a while especially money from you. I never got a dime from you I barely got a dime from ma." He walked up closer to me my anger turns right into fear. " I've been sending about five G's to y'all every month since I left." He said getting irritated. " Maybe it got sent to the wrong address." I hope my mom didn't spend all that money that dad gave to me just for some fucking drugs. "Well, we cant figure shit out till my mother wakes up." I said while exhaling. I sat on the couch because so many emotions are going through me plus I'm still hungover."Your right, so how you been? You gonna be graduating next year huh." I nodded my head. "What's new with you dad?"  He chuckled and sat down next to me. " Well when I left I kept doing the same thing and saved up my money I own a few businesses in Chicago with my new wife Trina and you're two little sisters." Jealousy and anger ran through me I couldn't even look him in the eyes. "Do you know how lonely I was when you left?" He grabbed my hand. " I'm so sorry Eve I left you that life just wasn't safe for you and your mother's drug habit got worse. Look I tried to take you with me but your mama was talking some crazy shit that wouldn't be good for any of us." I nodded my head. "I always there for you baby girl no matter how far I am from you." I stood up to get something to drink. "I know it's been a while but I really wanna have my firstborn in her little sister's life they need someone to look up to." I rubbed the hot tears off my cheek. My jealousy was so hard to ignore. "Yeah I'll be there for them I always wanted siblings, but with you, I don't know you weren't there when I needed you I was always alone." I said sniffling. He stood up and walked towards me and wiped my tears. "Please don't cry baby girl I know how hard it is for you, but listen to me you are so smart and strong and I have never been so proud." He kissed my forehead and hugged me so tightly. I just cried in his chest. After all, I was so angry at him, but sad because I missed him, and so happy he's with me again. "It's the alright baby girl your not alone, and never will be again." Hours passed with just us talking catching up and I was telling him about my job and friends. He checked the time and told me he had to meet up with a few of his old friends and he would be taking me to work tomorrow. When he hugged me before he left it felt like he didn't want to leave. I got a notification on my phone saying the rent was due so I went and paid for it. I smiled thinking about how independent I am and I really overcame a lot I have a good job paying bills, I even have money I'm saving to get me a car. I laid back and closed my eyes. Another set of knocking woke me up. I jumped up and checked the time "9:15". " I walked to the door and sighed in relief. "Hey justice." She smiled but still looked sad. "Come here girl." We hugged tightly with heavy hearts. "Come on in I was just finna order a pizza." She sat down on the couch and laid her head back. "Girl I don't know how I'm going to do this." She shut her eyes. I walked over to her and sat down all I thought about was mike he let the streets change him his irresponsibility it's disgusting. "Your going to be a great mom and I'm going to be a great auntie." She cried. "Why are you so great I don't deserve anything your doing for me." I shook my head. "Look that little friend breakup wasn't shit compared to what I been through Ight water under the bridge." I held her stomach wondering about the little life that's inside of her. Motherhood just seems so special I would love to have a kid someday when everything in my life is handled and set for a big change. "Never in a million years I thought I would get pregnant so young. Being a mom is hard shit my mom hates me how am I finna have a baby love me." Be happy you finna have a little you running around that you can laugh, love, and teach everything you know so they can be better just promise me one thing you'll always show this baby love ok?" She looked over at me with her red eyes. "Ok I promise." I smile. "Alright now let's order THIS PIZZA!" I pull my phone and call and order the pizza. A few moments later there was a knock on the door. We look at each other. "Somebody else supposes to come over or sum?" I shook my head and got up. "WHO IS IT?" I yell. "Bitch you tryna get us killed what happened if it's a serial killer or some shit? I roll my eyes. "It's Dre." Our eyes shot open, and I got up and walked to the door and opened it. "What you doing over here this late?" He looked me up and down. " I need to talk to you." My heart starts to race before I spoke I heard. "Heyyyyyy Dre!" Dre smiled. "Wussgood Justice what you doing here?" She flipped her hair." Spending the night with my girl." He nodded his head and looked back at me. "Can I talk to you for a minute." He looked serious. "Yeah I guess." I said rolling my eyes. I closed the door. "Alright talk." I said. "What happened to you this morning you disappeared?" I nodded my head. "Yeah just like you did last night." "So you gonna get mad at me cause a nigga was having fun at his fucking party? Ma you tripping for real." My heart starts to race. "Nigga what? I don't give a fuck about what you do!!" I DONT CARE HOW MANY GIRLS YOU FUCK THAT SHIT DONT PHASE ME AT LEAST BE REAL AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL! He chucked ."Whatever you say. Look I came over to give you the earrings you left in my car. To be honest I was driving and found them and they made me think of you so I came over to her to see you. After I left from chilling with the girls I thought ya ass would be at the crib, but when I came back and Dj told me you dipped without even saying goodbye." "I got serious shit going on with my mom or you just so sucked up in your party thug lifestyle or you forgot?" "I'm sorry ma your right how is everything with that?" I shook my head. "Even more fucked up." He grabbed my wrist. "I didn't come over here to fight with you Ight I came to talk. I'm sorry for not chilling wit you at the party a nigga was faded and them girls got in my head ." I looked in his eyes one more time before doing the unthinkable.....