Darkness

"Fat girl fat girl yeah that's you bitch." I'm rolled up in a ball. Shivering from the cold. " leave me alone please I'll do anything." I look up " Of course you will fat bitches down for whatever but ion wants ya sloppy ass trick." I feel a hard kick in the stomach. " I'll see you tomorrow cow ." I feel the hot tears burning my cheeks as they fall. I get up dust myself off and feel my nose running. I wipe it and it's dark purple blood on my hand. " Great just great." I saw in a soft little voice. I pick up my Powerpuff girl backpack I got for my 9th birthday last year and throw it over my back. I look up at the clouds and there's nothing but a dark grey sky. Oh know it's gonna rain and I gotta a ten-minute walk home. I start to limp because my leg is sore from the ass whooping I just got from the sixth graders. I feel an ice-cold raindrop fall on the back of my neck I wipe it off and as soon as I do that it starts to pour down. I hold myself to keep warm I keep pushing myself till I see my home. I open the door and instantly feel a gush of warm air like a hug from a loved one you haven't seen in a while. The first person I see is my father counting stacks of money. While blasting notorious big on the radio. "Hi, daddy." He turns to look at me. " Pumpkin what the fuck happened to you." "Uh just got caught in the rain that's all." He looks me up and down " I see... ya dripping all over the damn floor go dry off baby girl." He gets up and kissed my cheek. I get to my room it ain't much but it's my safe place I just go In here and let everything out. "Camila get ya ass out here now. By the sound of that I know quickly that things finna get ugly I go by my door and listen. " I'm gonna ask you this one time and one time only have you been smoking my shit that I sell to put a roof over ya muhfucking head?" " Cane baby before you get upset I have been stressed I...." I hear my daddy jump up. "So you stealing from me now bitch." "Baby I'm sorry" " Bitch dont fucking touch me you a junkie." "Cane please calm down I'm sorry I'll pay it back." "Nah fuck you and I can't fuck with no junkies that's for damn sure and so is my daughter." "YOU NOT TAKING EVE ANYWHERE THAT'S MY CHILD CANE!" "BITCH YOUR DOING DRUGS IN THE SAME HOUSE AS OUR FUCKING CHILD." "BUT EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS YOUR THE DEALER CANE! You can leave all you want but Eve ain't going anywhere I might do so messed things but our house would be a lot safer without you. WE DONT NEED YOU CANE SO WHY DONT YOU GO TO ONE OF YA OTHER BITCHES HOUSE AND NEVER COME BACK!" Then silence between both of them. " Ight I'll do that but I want my daughter to know her daddy loves her and one day when she's old enough I want her to look for me SO MAKE SURE YOU TELL MY BABY GIRL THAT SHIT BITCH!" The door slammed all I heard was silence. I start to hear my momma cry I open the door and check her. " Uh, mommy you ok?" She looks at me with such anger." " You look just like him a spitting image of that nigga." "Mommy everything will be ok." I try to hug her and she pushes me off her. "Lemme tell you something Eve only look out for yourself cause nobody else will. I look down at my bracket my dad gave to me a long time ago it's silver and says daddy's girl. My mom moves closer to me lifts my arm and snatches the bracelet of my wrist cutting my skin. She walks to her room slamming the door. I fall to my knees and cry gasping for air I hold myself tightly why didn't he tell me goodbye. I didn't even get a hug or a number to reach him. The thunder starts to roar outside I get up off the floor go to my room softly get in bed and cover my whole body I just laid in the darkness it was comforting my eyes get heavier and heavier. I start to hear beeping it gets louder and louder I open and I'm in the hospital laying next to my unconscious mother. " I feel your pain ma and I always will." I whisper then kiss her cheek I get my purse and walk towards the lobby justice and her mom must have left I'll just get a uber home. I get my phone from my pocket and it's completely dead. " Fuck just perfect I whispered to myself. I walk to the lady I'm the front desk. " Excuse me miss could I use your phone mine is dead and I need to get home?" She gave me her phone and I called everyone I knew and there was no answer after that I thought of one more person I didn't wanna talk torn I didn't even return his last message. I dialed and I heard about four rings till I heard. "Yo who the fuck is dis?" "It's me dre." "Who the fuck is me?" His voice was low like he was high or a little tired. It made me hot I shook it outta my head before speaking again. I heard music blasting in the background he must be with his thug homies. " Dre it's Eve I need ya help." "Oh shit what's going on you ok E?" His voice got soft. "Uh not really my mom was assaulted and in the hospital, I need a ride home could you do that?" "Of course I'll be there in 20 minutes Ight just sit and relax." Then I heard. "What you mean you leaving Dre we ain't finished yet I still got some tricks to show you." Steaming wasn't the word I was beyond mad. I told him Ight and hung up I sat down in the lobby waiting for his car to pull up. I was just thinking about Dre and all these girls throwing their pussies at him and how he lets them I was so deep in thought about the things he lets them girls do and how he probably really enjoys it. I get a tap on my shoulder " come on ma let's go." I get up walking behind him I tell the lady at the desk thank you for her help tonight and I'll be back later. We go outside and it's freezing I could see clouds every time I open my mouth. He opens the door for me I told him thanks and he nodded his head. The car was so warm and cozy I look over at him and he looks at me like he wanted to say something, but he starts the car up and starts driving. Silence just filled the car I didn't know what to say the whole night just took the little energy I had left. " Thanks for the drive home I appreciate it I hope I ain't ruin ya night wit ya female. " No problem eve and ion got a female I'm single shorty you know that." "I heard a female on the phone Dre you don't gotta lie." He glances at me. " I ain't lying to you I am single and if you must know I was over there at the spot wit big mike and them smoking and the bitch who was tryna fuck on me the whole night didn't want me to leave I wasn't feeling that hoe at all she had brown stains in her jeans." I let out a loud ass laugh that I didn't know how badly I needed. "See that's what I'm talking bout that shit ain't funny it's not right for her to be walking around like that. I get back on track to what I was talking about. "What about Dior?" "What about her Eve?" "I know she likes you Andre it's obvious you like her ass too." He stops the car I'm the middle of the road. " He turns to look at me. " Lemme tell you something Eve Dior cool asf and all but she ain't my type we kissed once we hotboxed In my car and we were lifted we talked for a bit she kissed me to say thank you for the weed and shit ion even know if I wanna girlfriend and if I do she's not the type of female I want she too damn friendly."
I was lost  for words. " oh I didn't know that" "yeah stop assuming shit Ight it ain't cute shorty. I apologized to him I felt bad for treating him he didn't deserve it I started to break down. "Eve, what's the matter?" I was wailing I didn't give af who was in front of me. He unbuckled his seat belt and held me tight something I haven't had before. "Shhhhh everything gonna is ok ma I promise you to stop them tears ion like seeing you like that." He grabbed some tissue and whipped my tears and kissed my forehead. " Your a soldier for handling that shit ya mom lucky to have a daughter like you." "Thank you Dre I don't know what I'm gonna do." "Don't worry about that now you need some rest so sit back and do that. I did what Dre told me to do and not even five minutes later I was asleep peacefully asleep I had no feelings just relaxation. I felt that same comfort in the darkness like I was a child again. Warm darkness surrounding every inch of me. Soon I feel arms wrapped around my waist and breathing in my neck I open and I'm in a bed covered up I remove the cover and I see an arm resting on my hip it looked familiar it was Dre. "Ma goes back to sleep your safe ok." He whispered with sleep in his voice.  And with those words, I closed my eyes resting in the darkness.