Heal

"I told you not to do that Eve come here!" I dusted the wood chips off my stomach and giggled to myself because jumping off the swing is my favorite thing to do at the park. "Look at your damn hair! I don't care how much you cry when I wash you hair it's getting done tonight." "Did you see me mommy I went so high!" I screamed completely ignoring my mothers frustrations . "Lets go your daddy should be home by now." We walked back across the street to our apartment. All i wanted was a cold juice box and to watch cartoons felt like my day wasn't right without cartoons. "Mommy can I watch Courage the Cowardly dog?" It was my favorite tv show at the time i checked my watch. It was 5:00, which means it comes on in 30 minutes. I started to pick up the pace a little bit. By the time I was up the stairs my mom was only halfway, the irritability in my poor one track mind almost made me bang on the door. I wasn't stupid though I knew my mom would bang on my head if I did. I felt a sting in my heel and took off my shoe to find a giant wood chip in my foot. "I whine loudly to the point my apartment door swung open,and my mom ran up the stairs. My dad was holding something in his hand my young mind couldn't really identify. "What's wrong baby girl?" "My foot my foot!" I slammed my butt to the floor to show my dad my foot dramatically.  "AWW baby you got a bad splinter must have been playing hard again huh? He picked me up slowly as i cried. Sitting on the couch was a slim dark skin woman counting stacks of dollar bills. My dad completely walked past her, but I looked over his shoulder to analyze her. Last thing i saw was my mom sit right next to her. My dad pulled out his hair trimming bag he used to shave with. He would shave every sunday morning. He'll do it while i brush my teeth and without out a doubt he would but a drop of shaving cream on my nose to make me giggle. It was the little things that made my heart glow for my father, but the more time that i went without seeing him that glowed burned out. "ok boo this gonna sting a little bit." He put the tweezers near the splinter and pulled it really quick. It was the the size of a bobby pin. I poured alcohol which made me cry a bit more. He put a bandage on it a kissed my foot. "Ewww daddy you kiss my foot." He chuckled and kissed it again. "Feel better?" Suddenly we both were startled by a crash. "What the fuck!" My dad said hopping up. "What the fuck is goin on?" First thing i saw was money all over the floor. Next was the mystery woman on the ground in a ball while my mom was throwing all types of objects at her head and lower body. "Cam what the fuck are you doing!" "How dare you bring this bitch to my house after all what she and your family be saying about me eve!" My dad tackled her to the groud but she still managed to grab shit from the ground and throw it. I limped over to the woman and dropped to my knees. "Why are you sleeping? Wake up Wake up WAKE UP BITCH!" I slapped her face with all my might. Soon as I did that I was scooped up in my fathers arms along with my mother. He then took us into my bedroom and threw us to the floor, and quickly closed the door behind him and I ran behind and try to open it but couldn't. "Eve help me please!" She started to bag sto hard the walls start to vibrate. "Daddy please open the door im sorry!' i screamed while banging. My mom then pushed me to the floor. "That nigga dont love us E thats why he never here. You better never ask for forgivness from a mother fucker who dont even think about you!" I soon circled up in a ball like I saw the mystery woman do. It brought shame to my mind. I felt so bad for doing what i did i just wanted to to do something that would help but all i helped was my momma. She banged for next hour to the point all the paint cracked on my door. She fell asleep on top of my hip like i was her mommy we never cuddled or hugged so this felt different.  The doorknob started to turn and the door cracked open. "Come here." Dad whispered I slowly took my moms head off me and slipped through the door. "Eve i never want to see you act like that ever again!" "Where is the lady?" My dad shook his head. "Gone and she won't ever see you again ok? where you afraid of her or mommy?" "Mommy but i still wanted to help her." "Here watch some tv i ordered a pizza i gotta go." He said while grabbing his keys. "Daddy please dont go! Mommy's gonna be mad when she get up."I know i'll be back, but for now watch tv." I turned the tv on and missed Courage which made me turn on nickelodeon at least spongebob was on.