.𝟹.

TW: small mentions of suicide

Me: did you get the times figured out yet?
Delivered, 2 days ago

I stared at my phone, the only thing keeping me sane at this point, and just reread my text message.
He seemed excited and happy about the topic when we were on call, why is he being so quiet now? He even hung up on a good note, laughing and telling short stories until I forced him to hang up.
Sure he was blunt and seemed annoyed when I first called him but it took some warming up.

"Y/n stop staring at your phone and hand me the notes from behind you." Minx ordered.

We sat on the living room floor, huddled around the coffee table as we worked on the stupid project. Minx was in charge of the typing and I was in charge of  providing.

"Do you think he hates me?" I asked, turning around and fetching the stack of notes.

"No Y/n, he doesn't hate you. You guys just started talking after what, 2 weeks of silence?" She scoffed, taking the notes from me in a grabby way.

I glanced at Minx, her eyes narrowed on the laptop screen and her mouth pulled into an annoyed frown. I could sense her body becoming tense with every other word she typed.

"I know it's just-" I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose, "With Geor-"

"Everyone is coping in their own way Y/n. You aren't the only one hurting. Clays probably broken in his own home right now. Leave. him. be." Minx cut me off, her voice snappy as well as her cheeks flushing red with annoyance.

I dropped my hand, my mouth closing shut. My lungs felt like they collapsed as I stared into Minx's glare. I couldn't speak, I didn't know what to say. The worst part is, I cant even argue. She's right.

"Okay." I said under my breath, looking down to my numbed hands in my lap.

"Look- I'm sorry." Minx sighed, taking her hands off the keyboard and resting on my thigh.

"No no, you're right." I smiled sadly, brushing her hand away, standing up.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm just gonna take a short drive okay? I need a break from the project anyway. I'll be back before 9." I said reassuringly, sliding on my shoes and grabbing my keys.

With that, I hid away from the truth and shut the front door behind me.
The uncomfortable humid air welcomed me as this was one of the first times I've been outside for the past couple days. I walked down the long hall, it seemed to extend father as I continued down. I'm not mad at anyone else. Not Minx, not Clay, just myself.

I'm getting so caught up in everyone else's world, I'm forgetting about living in my own. It's like this tic in the back of my brain, holding on, sucking the life out of me, leaving me drained. The only thing I can do is rely on others to keep me from loosing my already lost mind.

I lost the one person that felt the same way as me.

-
(flashback to chapter 12 in Promise)

"Y/n, I like you too, and I want you to be mine even if we are apart, no distance would change how I feel about you, I would never leave." His voice calmed me down and I looked up and locked eyes with him. Did he really mean it?

-

Of course he meant it, he was just scared.

I inserted my keys into my car and parked out of the parking garage. I didn't have a plan on where I was going. I never have a plan anymore. Everything just happens as I move on. I'm in this endless cycle of overthinking, staring at the phone for god who knows how long, and the endless dread of college.
I'm tired of everything. I don't want to be tired anymore...
But I have to give George his space. He deserves it.