.𝟷𝟷.

"You really didn't have to pick me up, I'm perfectly fine to walk home." He grinned smugly as he stumbled into the backseat.

"You said that 4 hours ago and I find you drunk and barely able to walk." I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose.

The car immediately filled up with the smell of pure alcohol. It made me feel dizzy even. My stomach started to feel nauseous too. As Clay tried to put on his seatbelt, I rested my head on the wheel and closed my eyes to try to calm it. This has never happened when I was around the smell.

But when I opened my eyes I wasn't in the car. The familiar kitchen, the hard wooden floors I remember clearly.
It can't be.

This pained feeling in my ribs kept me from moving. My hands grasping around my torso to try and calm my breathing that was now speeding up.

The smell reeked, I had to get out. But it seemed that wherever I looked it only got darker. My old kitchen seemed to fade, leaving me with a black void.

"Y/n?" The sound made me flinch.
"Y/n you there?" He said again.

I opened I wasn't in the familiar kitchen anymore but to see my fingers tightened around the steering wheel, my knuckles turning white with the pressure. I could feel a cold sweat overwhelming me. My breathing still rapid but was calmer than before. That small pain in my chest still lurked though.

"You good?" Clay asked in a husky voice. The alcohol smell returning.

"I'm fine." I lied, putting the car in drive and rolling down all the windows.

The whole drive home he mumbled stuff under his breath. Every time I would glance back there he would give me a drunken smile. It reminded me too much. Too many memories came flooding in, stuffing my brain until I couldn't think of anything else.

Once we got home, I had to basically help him up the stairs as if he were 2. "Jeez Clay, did you drink the whole bar?" I exaggerated.

"Probably, I can't remember." He grinned, as we made it to his front door.

"Jesus what happened to you." Karl laughed as we walked in.

"I think it's pretty self explanatory." I sighed when Clay started tripping over his foot and stumbling down the hallway towards his room.

Karl and I both stood there blankly as Clay stumbled into his room and closed the door behind him. I let out an exhausted sigh, dragging my feet over to the couch and slumping down into the cushions. The couch wasn't long enough so my feet basically hung off the far end of it.

"You okay?" Karl asked but I could tell by his voice he already knew the answer. He sat down on the floor and leaned his back against the couch.

"It's basically the second day of this trip, why is everything already falling apart." I groaned into the pillow.

"I didn't know Clay all that well before but by the looks of it, it seems like he's changed." He stated, his voice calm.

"There's something going on in his mind. I just can't put my finger on it."
Karl turned around to gaze at me, he moved the hair from my eyes as my hair was sprawled all over the pillow like a waterfall.

"Then figure it out. You have a whole week ahead of you." He suggested, smiling softly.
"Yeah I guess you're right."

Karl agreed to sleep on the couch again tonight, even though I offered to give up the bed a million times. I hesitated on checking on Clay but as I stood at his door, my hand hovering over the door knob, the risk of his alcohol stench wafting over to me only made me fear that I would have the hallucination again.

Sleeping that night was only just as hard. Every time I seemed to close my eyes, my dad would appear, smiling his unhealthy and creepy crooked smile.
For once in 2 years. I wanted to dream about George.

George helped distract me from these reoccurring memories when he was around. He would hold me close and talk about anything and everything, just to keep my mind somewhere else.

But no matter how hard I tried to recall an old memory of when he was here, my dad would get in the way, blocking the pictures. It's been so long since i've been in touch with him, why is this now becoming a problem.

I need a distraction.