.𝟾.

He took my hand again and twirled me around, landing his hand around my back and dipping me upside down. My hair hung off my head and touched the ground slightly as the kitchen appeared upside down for me.

He pulled me up slightly to where I was still relying on his arm to hold me up. I tilted my head back forward with a big smile across my face and immediately came in contact with his lips.
It was a short but thoughtful kiss. I pulled away slowly and gazed into his dark brown eyes.

The music, the atmosphere around us, it was perfect. A quiet night as his hand laced around my waist and his body up against mine closely as his eyes softened.

I wanted to say something to ease the silence but I felt maybe the silent talking was comforting. It was as if his eyes could tell me a story. Dark and dreamy with so much behind them.

But the song playing on the small speaker kept us locked in the mood. Dancing slowly in the kitchen, our shoes moving across the tile elegantly and clumsily.

"Can I tell you something darling" George said quietly.

I hummed in response, he could say anything.

-

A sudden knock caused me to wake up almost immediately, my back lifting off the mattress as I sat straight up. I wasn't in George's kitchen anymore. It was the same plants and white sheets in front of me.
I wasn't gazing into his dark brown eyes anymore. Instead, they were replaced by big and bright green eyes. Patches lay on the bed comfortably, blinking slowly as she gazed up at me.

I wasn't necessarily disappointed, her soft fur and tiny pink nose seemed to give a welcoming feel to the morning.

"Knock knock, time to get up" Karl's voiced called from behind the door.

"What time is it?" I asked tiredly, sitting up and leaning on a pillow.

"Almost 11am, Clay is still asleep but I made breakfast. Come out when you're ready."

As his footsteps disappeared down the hallway, I threw the covers off of my legs, making sure not to disturb Patches in the process. She was sat comfortably towards the pillow on the bottom sheet, blinking slowly and delicately.

Getting out of bed, I retrieved my phone from across the room on the dresser and read my missed messages. There weren't many but one that caught my attention first was Alex's.

Alex: Good morning lady. did you die on the plane or are you good.

I chuckled softly to myself and typed back.

Me: good morning sir, no we did not. we are safely in Clay's home. Do you want me to say hi to him for you?"

Alex: Nah, tell him i said "fuck off you tall nasty bitch. I'll tear that lip ring off  with my own two fingers and watch you bleed out from the gash on your crusty bottom lip."

Me: sounds good.... i'm gonna go now

Alex: have a good day :D
(p.s lemme know what he says)

I rolled my eyes playfully and clicked off my phone, shoving it into the pants pocket of my sweat pants. They were plaid pajama pants and had bigger pockets that most of my other bottoms. It was a lot easier to store things and carry them around. I don't remember where I got these from but they randomly showed up in my boxes when I moved into the apartment across from Minx.