.𝟽.

"Clay?" I asked in disbelief.

"Y/n." He smiled, gazing down at me with soft and gentle eyes.

Dark, dark green eyes. Darker than ever before. His freckles had spread, all over his cheeks and forehead. A single black lip ring hung on his lower lip, holding a captivating grin. Faint stubble could be seen on his jaw too, outlining his face perfectly.

His hair, messier and darker than before. It was almost brown. Just light streaks of blonde here and there throughout the wavy and lengthy hair. It hung down over his eyebrows and part of his eye, probably long enough to tie into a short ponytail.

He wore a black t-shirt, layered with a dark green plaid unbuttoned shirt. Black ripped jeans and some green nike blazers too. A black earring hung from his left ear, one through his cartilage as well. Many rings on his fingers and silver bracelets around his wrists.

Karl and Alex were right. He looked like a completely different person but by quick glance I could easily tell it was him. He had the same smile too. But it was something about his eyes that threw me off. They were more narrow than before. Before they were more big and bright but now they seemed to have lost their sparkle. Not metaphorically but literally. They were dark and seemed to hold more than just two green balls of color.

"This is the wrong baggage claim. I've been waiting for you two for the past half hour." He chuckled, holding both of our suitcases.

"Not my fault, blame her." Karl snickered, taking his suitcase from Clay.

I didn't argue though. I kept staring into his eyes. I mean, I haven't seen him in two years and this felt like a world stopping experience. But he might've felt uncomfortable by how he was looking back at me.

"Y/n? Hello?" He laughed awkwardly, waving his hand in attempt to break my stare.

I looked down quickly, hiding the embarrassment rising up to my cheeks. "Sorry I uh." I mumbled.

What a great way to greet a friend you haven't seen in forever.

"Come here Y/n." Clay laughed, holding his arms out for me to come closer.

I looked back up to him, his lips curved into a gentle smile and his eyes looking deeply but softly into mine.

I pressed my cheek against his chest as he wrapped his arms around me tightly, lifting me off the ground slightly. It was a hug that I feel I won't forget. His heartbeat fast and steady. We held each other for so long that my thoughts eventually got replaced by the beat of his heart. It seemed to drown out everything around me.

-

To my luck, he was wearing a lime green hoodie. A big smile spread across my face when he spotted me too. As soon as I reached the ground, I sprinted towards him. I jumped into his arms and he wrapped his arms around me tightly, swinging me back and forth as my feet dangled off the ground slightly.

"I missed you so much Clay!" I laughed into his shoulder.

"I missed you too."

-

"Can I put you down this time?" He whispered softly.

"No." I said quietly, closing my eyes to the sound of his breath exhaling with a slight chuckle.

He wore a peculiar cologne. Sweet lavender clung onto his shirt, filling my senses with an odd memory that I couldn't seem to put my finger on.

He gently let me back on the ground, but he never let go, he even wrapped his arms around me tighter. His chin rested on my head, I could hear Karl's voice through the muffled sound of his heartbeat.