.𝟷𝟶.

"This is our small but comfortable apartment, kick your shoes off by the door." Bella said cheerfully as we entered through their door.

She wasn't wrong, the walls were a nice off-white with some picture frames here and there of Nick and Bella, some of landscapes or just some of abstract art.
There was a short hallway from the door that led to a living room. They had an emerald green couch that complimented the rest of the greenery in the room; such as the plentiful pots filled with different shades of green leaves scattered along the wall and next to the sofas.

A large window on the far wall displayed the faint city in the distance. The buildings hiding behind the misty clouds and the fog that held low in the early afternoon.
"Pretty isn't it." Bella sighed beside me. She must've caught me staring.
"It is, you two have a beautiful place." I grinned, changing my focus to meet her eyes.
"Cmon, let me show you more." She smiled kindly as she took my hand gently.

She led me around the corner to an again, small but comfortable kitchen. The counter was an icy marbled finish that lay on the perimeter and stuck out halfway to create an island. Three tall wooden stools sat underneath the islands overhang . The cupboards were an off-white, almost cream color. Just like the living room, plants invaded the kitchen. Small pots on the countertop, plants hanging in pots from the ceiling even.

"You must love to take care of these things huh. They're everywhere." I chuckled softly, gently brushing a small leaf from one of the plants on the counter with my finger.
"Yes I do. Nick and I made a deal that I would take care and water the plants and he would be on mopping and vacuuming duty." She snickered.
"Seems fair." I grinned.

She led me through another small hallway that led to her room. As we walked down, I noticed all the picture frames that hung on the wall. Some were big and some were the size of a small envelope.
One stood out in particular, it showed Nick and Bella on a pier at night. The full moon stood out in the blackness, creating a foggy glow. They were close together, his arm around her shoulder as she smiled sweetly with her head leaned over on his shoulder.
I wondered who took the picture, it looked way too late at night for other people to be passing by.

"Oh this was taken a few months ago. It's a nice spot to hang out late at night" Bella noted as she probably noticed me staring at it.

"Who took the picture?" I asked, still curious on my previous thought.

"Clay did. He's the one who showed us the spot. He claimed it was "a place where only the waves and your thoughts exist"'. She enthused. "Whatever that means."

She continued down the hall, leaving me satisfied I got my answer, but leaving more questions in my mind.

As mysterious and quiet as Clay has been lately, his peculiar name for the pier still stuck like gum on the bottom of a shoe in the front of my mind, a stubborn mess that didn't want to come off unless i picked at it more.

"Do you know what Clay has been up to?" I asked as I caught up to Bella.

She was now in another room, it looked to be their bedroom. It had plain white walls that had an elegant trim molding running along the middle of the wall. The bed frame was a bold dark wood with cream colored sheets. This room surprisingly didn't have that many plants as the rest of the apartment. The entirety of the west wall was made up of a window that overlooked the city. As mesmerized as I was with the view, Bella's voice caught my attention.

"I don't see him that often. Maybe a few times a month. It's usually Nick that goes and visits him a whole bunch. Nick claims that they hangout at his place or they go out somewhere and drink or something. There's some nice bars in town from what I've heard from the two of them. Maybe they can show you if you're interested." Bella explained with precision.