.𝟺.

"What the fuck do you mean you're leaving for Florida?" Alex questioned with worried tension rising in his throat.

"It's only for a week or two." I assured.

"That's what you said last time and you ended up staying for a month and then G-"

I cut his shaking words off with a passionate hug. I draped my arms over his shoulders as he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, burying his face into my shoulder.

I knew this news wouldn't come easy to him but I couldn't just leave without being silent either.

We stood in my bedroom, hugging each other as if we were glued together. We had just got done playing a game of uno, he had won of course. I'm pretty sure he might've snuck in a few wild cards before I had even shuffled.

"When do you leave for the airport?" He asked quietly while still holding on tight.

"Tomorrow night."

"I won't be late to come say goodbye this time." He smiled weakly, pulling away from my embrace.

"You never fail me Alex." I smiled sadly.

His saddened eyes gazed into mine, I could probably see every reflection on the city lights in the glossy brown orbs. I could just think about the way he acted when he surprised me last time. Showing up for the party and collapsing in my arms, the way he didn't let go of the hug until I did.
He needs me as much as I need him.
I don't want to leave him again.

"Why don't you come with?"

His eyes widened as if I had just given him a million bucks.

"Really?"

"Well- yeah, Clay wouldn't mind. You guys get along... pretty well." I laughed.

He looked down to his hands, his smile faded and his eyes softened. I could tell there was something going on in his mind. A thought, an image, something that could drop his mood. But his face gave a different approach. He seemed fine, no tears, no frown. Just... normal.

"I can't."

I furrowed my eyebrows, taken aback from the unexpected response.

"What do you mean?"

"You haven't seen Clay in 2 years Y/n." He began.
"I wouldn't want to intrude especially when you're both in a similar mindset when it comes to... y'know."

"George. It's okay, you don't have to hide away from his name as if it's a curse." I said quietly. I was lying to myself at this point. His name haunts me as well as saying it out loud. His names circles my mind when I sleep. When I brush my teeth, when I eat. There's never a moment in time where his name doesn't lurk. One of the most harmless things, hurts the most.

"I'm sorry." Alex sighed.

"No- you're fine, I get it. I'm sorry. But are you really sure you don't want to come?
I promise you you're not intruding on anything." I explained,
silently cringing at the familiar word.

"I'm sure. Plus, I have important work this week. I cant miss out on it." I said sadly, beginning to gather his jacket from the foot of the bed.

I wanted to say something. Anything that would change his mind but this situation was halfway out of his control. I didn't want to travel alone. I wanted someone beside me through the long hours and someone to help me push through the doors of the Orlando airport.

"Ask Karl if he wants to come. I'm sure Nick would want to see him anyways." Alex suggested as he opened my bedroom door.

"Alex, I hope you're not making up excuses just so you would be out of the way of Clay and I." I sighed warily as he walked out of the door and into the hallway.