.𝟷𝟺.

As I put on my shoes again, Clay walked back to his room to grab something and eventually came out with a small backpack hung over his shoulder.

"What's that for?" I asked.

"It's part of what I'll show you. You'll see." He said in a intriguing way.

Why was he being so secretive about everything? Was he planning to kill me? What there a gun or knives in that bag? I just glared at him with suspicion until he opened the front door.

"Shouldn't we tell Karl that we're leaving?" I stopped him before he walked fully outside.

"I heard him snoring in there, we'll be back before he wakes up trust me."

He then walked into the stairwell that led down to the old parking lot. The sound of rain echoed through the concrete walls of the apartment complex. He hummed some tune as he hopped down the steps. He has so much energy out of no where.
I reached the edge of the parking lot where Clay stood. The edge of the protective roof stood above us, protecting us from the cold rain.

He took the umbrella from my hand and opened it up so it created a shield over us. His arm stretched out around my back and held onto my furthest arm from him, pulling me into his side. "Only one umbrella, sorry. Don't want you to get wet." He said quietly. Even though I couldn't see his face from this angle, I could feel a smile radiating off of him.

The streets were empty, only a few cars drove past every now and then. Our steps synchronized as I was so close to him with his arm holding me. I was still wearing his flannel. Although, he was wearing a thick black sweater so he wasn't too cold. I hope.

A big gust of wind blew past us, he didn't seem bothered but I winced and turned my face into his side. "You cold?" He laughed loudly.

"No I'm sweating." I muttered sarcastically, only earning a small chuckle from him. "Why did we walk? why couldn't we drive?" I groaned.

"Because it's not the same, this is part of my process of healing Y/n." He said in a clear voice. "It will be worth it."

"That's getting hard to believe." I mumbled, still pressed up against his warm body.

"Do you want my sweater too?" He laughed again.

"No. I'm fine." I said in my most believable voice.

"We're almost there anyway." He said calmly.

"Where are you even taking me anyway?" I asked in a muffled voice.
"Well maybe if you took the time to actually look where we're going, maybe you'd recognize where we are."

"I don't want to risk having another memory. Better if I keep my eyes shut." I said quietly.

"You won't get anywhere if you don't take a risk, Y/n." He sighed. "It's always the first step."

"Okay.. Just- distract me okay." I mumbled. I took my eyes back in front of us.

"What's your favorite color?" He asked through a teasing smile.

"Really you're asking me that?" I laughed, shaking my head.

"What? You asked me to distract you so I ask you a question. Would you rather I distract you some other way?" He asked in a now more innocent and curious tone.