.25.

As we drove around the backroads, i almost feared that I had forgotten where it was.

"You sure this is the way?" Clay asked, uncertain as we drove down a dirt road that had a ceiling of leaves with a wall of trees on each side of the road.

"Yeah just keep driving." I insisted, waiting to find some kind of opening in the walls of trees that led to a field with a large hill.

Clay had put his phone on the aux, playing an Arctic Monkey album called AM. The song that was playing was I Wanna be Yours. It was a calming song as we passed the endless rows of trees. The blanket of leaves above created a shadow against the dark road ahead of us. Clay tapped his fingers against the steering wheel with the rhythm, humming to the tune as he drove.

I stared out the window, leaning against my hand as my elbow propped up against the door. My head would sometimes bounce out of my hand and hit the window from the bumpy road, sending teasing laughs from Clay.

"Fuck you." I rolled my eyes, laughing as I rubbed the side of my forehead. I glanced at him and he just had a smug grin plastered over his lips. I could tell his mind went somewhere for how it ended the last time I said that.

I returned my gaze out the window, smiling like an idiot as I thought of it too. Just then a warm hand slid over my thigh, the cold rings contrasting against the warm feeling. I took a deep breath in as he tightened his grip with his fingers placed on my inner thigh. I glanced over to him as he kept his eyes on the road with a grin, driving with one hand with his fingers tapping against the steering wheel to the rhythm.

I bit my bottom lip subtly as his hand grazed up my thigh, teasing at the hem of my shorts. I shifted in my seat against the touch but he gripped even harder, holding me against the seat. My mouth feel agape at the pressure as I gazed at his veins protruding against his skin. It was almost embarrassing how hard I was falling for him.

As distracted as I was, a clearing in the trees caused me to ask him to stop the car. He obeyed and parked right next to the small wooden farm fence that separated the road from the tall grass. He took his keys out of the ignition with confusion written all over his face as he got out of the car.

"This is where you wanted to go?" He asked, walking over to my side of the car and gazing up the hill.

"Yes, but can I ask that you stay here at the car?" I asked, hesitating as I feared of his reaction. "It won't be long I promise, I just want to be alone."

"Yeah of course, just give me a yell if you need me okay? I'll be waiting right here." He assured me, gazing genuinely into my eyes.

"Thank you." I smiled before planting a small kiss against his cheek, having to get up on my tippy toes.

He gave me a smile back before I left him beside the car and climbed over the fence with that shovel in my hand. My heart felt fuller with every step I took up this familiar hill, the grass tickling my ankles. The scenery felt homey, the air warm with a nice breeze blowing past. The sun was setting over the horizon, creating a golden glow over everything. I could see some dandelion seeds brushing past me in the air, sending another comforting memory from our moment in the dandelion field. I smiled to myself, picking a dandelion from the ground as I walked past, blowing into the fluffy flower and watching as everything floated away. The flower reminded me of myself. Every one of my troubles would float away on each tiny seed, planting into a different area to grow and improve. I found myself doing that every day I spent here. I was noticing different parts of me growing and improving as I let go of the past.

I reached the top of the hill after many comforting minutes, dropping my dandelion stem as I peered at the large oak tree that still stood tall. One more seed clung to me, waiting to be blown away and free.
Saying goodbye for one last time would do just that.