.𝟷𝟸.

"Are you gonna go check on him? It's 2 in the afternoon and he's still sleeping." Karl asked in a concerned tone.

We were sitting on the long couch, watching as the clock ticks and the T.V channels scroll. I woke up about two hours ago due to my difficulty falling asleep last night.

"He was in bad shape last night, better to just let him rest." I sighed.

"Where did you even find him anyway?"

I told him about the journey to the pier, how the place looked so familiar yet so dissociated. How he couldn't even walk straight and how difficult it was to get him buckled safely in the car. I was hesitant on    mentioning the hallucinations, thinking it might be just putting it out there at a bad time. I don't want Karl to think Clay was the reason those hallucinations came back.
Even though Clay was part of it.

"That sounds bad, maybe you should go wake him up anyway, the worst he'll have will just be a massive hangover." Karl persuaded.

"But what if he doesn't want me in his room, remember when he told you not to go into his room the other day?" I asked in an accusing manner.

"Stop making excuses, now go." Karl scoffed, pushing me off the couch with his feet.

I gave him a dirty look before heading for the freakishly long hallway. I don't remember it being this long. Every step I took it seemed to expand. That weird feeling in my stomach only worsened as I slowly approached his door. From the dark hallway, his green LED lights shown off a toxic greenish glow from under the crack of his door.

Slowly but surely I turned the knob and opened the door with a slight creak. The green atmosphere overwhelmed me but other than Clay passed out on his messy bed, his room intrigued me. A complex gaming set up sat in the far east corner of his room. YouTube plaques aligned across his wall that read different subscriber milestones. Their shiny silver surface now catching my eye more than the green LEDS did.

I moved over to his desk, looking over at the rainbow glowing keyboard and mouse. My eyes traveled over to the giant complex pc, glowing a gradient green and fading into other cool colors. A large neon sign hung above the computers, the letters read: Dream.

Just then a low mumble with the sound of blankets rustling caused me to change my gaze to his bed behind me.

"What are you doing in here.." He mumbled, his eyes barely open.

"I.. came to wake you up." I said slowly, "It's two in the afternoon." His half lidded eyes slowly opened with realization.

"Shit, sorry- I'm being a being a bad host." He sat up and rubbed his eyes once more. "And my room is a fucking pigsty."

"It isn't.. the messiest room I've seen." I chuckled, my lies practically showing through my disgusted face.
"What's all this YouTube stuff? Why haven't you mentioned this yet?"

"Oh uh, I dunno, guess I didn't think it was a big deal." He shrugged, standing up from the bed, his messy, dusty blonde hair falling over his forehead. His deep green eyes gazed down into mine that I almost forgot what we were talking about.

"Wait- I'm sorry, not a big deal? Dude, you have over 10 million subscribers! What do you mean?" I scoffed, taking a quick glance to the silver plaque on his wall.

"Ah, we'll more like 27 million." he laughed nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

My mouth fell agape as I stared completely shocked and confused. He just chuckled and walked past me to his desk, nudging my shoulder slightly in the process. I still stood there, trying to process how the fuck this man is famous.