𝟏𝟓 ✫ 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

    "𝐒𝐎 𝐈 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐎 your physical therapist last night and he says you are making excellent progress

    "𝐒𝐎 𝐈 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐎 your physical therapist last night and he says you are making excellent progress. Soon you won't have to use the brace anymore. That's amazing news, Lizzie-bear!"

    Liz couldn't help but scoff on her end of the call. Her grandmother had called her about twenty minutes ago and they have been catching up since. When Liz first got to Forks, Vivian would call almost every night, to the point where Liz wanted to cut the phone line and smash her cell phone out of pure annoyance. Thankfully, Vivian calmed down after two weeks before it got that far.

    Liz missed her dearly and wished she didn't live so far away. Her Nana had become her anchor after the accident, the person who consoled her during the horrible night terrors in the beginning nights after the accident. Who went with her to every doctor appointment, who took time off work when she was having a bad day and did not want to be left home with the nurse who was hired to watch out for her, seeing as it was hard for her to move around in crutches and recovering bruised ribs. She even went to therapy with her when it was recommended by the doctors in the beginning before Liz felt comfortable enough to go on her own.

    Liz had only been there for a couple months, but it felt longer. She may not have liked California all that much but she sure as hell misses her Nana. So she was willing to listen to her ramble on the phone for hours to try to fill the void of not being near her if that's what it took.

    "That's not what he said," Liz corrected, remembering last week when she went to her PT appointment and talked with her trainer. "He said that I'll be able to move around without it when I'm home but highly recommends I wear it whenever I go out."

    "I know it's not ideal but it's a start," Vivian says with a soothing tone. "You have to appreciate the little things, Lizzie-bear. Especially when the big things start to weigh you down."

    Liz sighed and leaned back in her chair by her desk, having heard this plenty of times. "I guess you're right. It's just hard sometimes... especially being back here and not being able to run."

   "Speaking of, have you been to any of the practices since the last time we spoke?"

    Liz had told Vivian in the beginning that she used to secretly watch the girls on the team practice and would get very upset and be very critical. Vivian had advised her granddaughter against doing that and it had taken a little bit before Liz finally listened. It was actually the encounter with Hailey that made her stop going, not wanting to risk another run in with her or any of the other members of the team. By now they have learned her dodging them in the halls was a sign to keep their distance.

    "No, and I'm not going too." Liz told the truth. "You were right, Nana. It wasn't healthy to keep longing for something I can never have again."

    "Oh sweetie, I know it's hard. But things will start to look up."