𝟏𝟖 ✫ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

    𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 important piece of detail that neither the Cullen's, Bella or even Liz herself had taken into consideration once they set on to their long journey

    𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 important piece of detail that neither the Cullen's, Bella or even Liz herself had taken into consideration once they set on to their long journey. One thing that has been a problem for the young blonde for several months due to a terrible trauma were several civilians were killed, including her parents.

    Liz's utter fear of highways.

    But how was anyone supposed to remember such a thing when they were being hunted by two psychotic vampires? Not even Liz herself remembered this very important detail, not as Alice drove fast as she possibly could out of Forks and then out of Washington, damning the speed limits like they were only suggestions. Liz's mind was too distracted with everything that had gone wrong.

    One minute, she was in pure bliss. Watching the man she is pretty sure she was already in love with despite having only been together for a short time, play baseball with his family and watching in awe the speed they used during the game, envious she wasn't able to join in, not really caring that she was only human. It was the principle.

    She was finally happy. For the first time since waking up in that hospital, not being able to see for a short time and her knee being completely ruined, she was finally starting to enjoy life again. She was on good terms with her sister, despite the hidden resentment Liz still holds towards Ester for the way she treated their parents for so long that she refuses to acknowledge. She was doing better in school, with the wonderful help of someone she never thought she would view as a best friend, but Emmett ended up becoming that someone to her.

    She finally started to get used to a life without track. Realizing she will never get a scholarship or become an Olympic gold medalist like her father always used to claim she would be one day with so much conviction behind his words, she actually believed him. But she learned to become okay with it, because she still had her old friends, even though things are not the same like they used to be and even though the one person she thought would always stick by her side, who always had since they were kids, is the one who let her down the most.

    Most importantly, she learned that the impossible was possible and surprisingly, she did not fear it. Liz realized the world was not what she thought it was and she was grateful for it, because if this was a normal world where vampires were just myths that only existed in movies and scary stories, then she never would have met Jasper. She never would have fallen in love with him.

    For the first time since the accident, Liz could finally say she was content with what the future has in store for her, just as long as Jasper Hale was in it. Even now, as they were forced to separate and that future was at risk because two nomad vampires want her and one of her closest friends dead for sport. Liz, the pessimist, was now becoming the optimist. Because she knows everything is going to work out in the end. Jasper and Edward both are going to end James and Victoria and then both girls will be able to go home and resume their lives.