𝟐𝟕 ✫ 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄 year.

Exactly one year to this date, November 5th, since Liz Chambers life was turned upside down. One year since she was told she'd never run again. One year since she was told she'd be going blind in a couple years.

One year since she lost the two most important people in her life.

To this day, it still feels unreal. Even now, standing in front of their grave in the pretty blue flower dress her mother had made for her, it didn't feel real. None of this felt real. It felt like they were just on a long vacation or she would go back to her house and find them there. The house she hasn't been to since before the accident because she couldn't bring herself to step inside without them.

It didn't make sense to the seventeen year old how someone can be there one minute and then the next, they are gone. Forever. Without even the chance to say goodbye.

Liz never got to say goodbye.

She never thought about what it would feel like to wake up on this day. She never thought she'd ever have to feel like this. She hadn't even been thinking about the fact that the anniversary of their deaths was coming up. She has been so wrapped up in the wedding and school... She has done so well in distracting herself from thinking about a certain someone and trying to fill the gigantic void in her chest, that she almost forgot about the absolute worst thing that had ever happened to her.

The key word being 'almost'.

When Liz Chambers went to bed the night before, she had her first night terror in almost a year. She hadn't had one since she first returned to Forks after spending time in California. But just because she forgot the date, doesn't mean her subconscious did. Ester knew, too. She knew immediately what triggered Liz's night terror and hadn't even bothered commenting on the fact that she hadn't had one in several months.

Even Danny seemed to understand. The two had helped the girl calm down and Ester did not leave her side, sleeping with her and holding her tightly. Liz will never admit how much she appreciated it, nor will she admit the treacherous thought that entered her mind last night. One she wanted to slap herself for allowing herself to think about it. One she hated herself for with a fiery passion.

But she couldn't stop it once it was there. She could not stop thinking how much she wanted Jasper to be the one to comfort her last night. How she wanted him to be the one holding her, calming her, reassuring her. For one night, she let herself admit she wanted Jasper back. She let herself miss him deeply.

She spent this morning puking into the toilet from the nausea that came from reliving the accident, missing her parents and for allowing herself to become weak and think about him.