𝟐𝟒 ✫ 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

    𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊, Liz refused to leave her bed

    𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊, Liz refused to leave her bed. Not enough coaxing from Ester, Danny or even her Nana who called regularly after learning what happened was enough to convince the girl to leave the comfort of her mattress. All she wanted was for it to swallow her whole. She missed a lot of school, but Angela was kind enough to bring over her homework each day and checked on her. She didn't talk or eat, just slept and cried.

    When week two rolled around, she was able to get out of bed, move around and eat. She went back to school, but she didn't talk to anyone. It was hard for her mind to concentrate when all she felt was a dark emptiness inside. She doesn't even remember being at school really, it all faded to black because though she may have been physically there, she was not there mentally.

    By the third week, she was doing a little better. She was speaking more, attempting to pay attention at school, but she still avoided her friends. At lunch, she sat outside at one of the benches. She didn't care if it was pouring out. She'd take a couple bits of whatever they had served for lunch and then sit there until it was time to go to class.

    That is currently the state she was in now. Liz was slowly recovering. It was hard, because whenever she closed her eyes, whenever she was left alone, she saw him. Seeing him made her feel different things. Anger was the main emotion, but that was not uncommon for the blonde. Anger is a familiarity she has grown accustomed to. The other feeling she had was longing. Because despite her last words to him, Liz would do anything, give anything, for Jasper to come back. To reverse time so she can convince him not to leave.

    That is when the 'what if's' started taking over. What if she had said something different? What if Alice had never thrown that stupid party? What if Jasper never actually loved her? What if she fought harder? What if... what if... what if...

    That is what she was doing right now. It was late October, three and a half weeks later. She was currently sitting on the couch on a Saturday afternoon, snuggling her comforter that she had dragged down from her bedroom and was sort of watching Scream, she wasn't really paying attention to it. Ester and Danny were both at work, so she was left alone. Liz got many texts and calls from her concerned friends. Even though they tried being sympathetic, they didn't really understand. Not really.

    The only person who could possibly understand what she was feeling right now is Bella and the last she heard, Bella was worse off than she was. Liz hasn't seen Bella since that day, but she knows she's been at school. Apparently Bella was just like Liz, avoiding their other friends, but instead of sitting outside during lunch period, she would sit at the Cullen's old lunch table by herself.

    Liz worried about Bella and a part of her wants to go see if she is alright but she found it difficult to approach the girl or find the nerve to pick up the phone and call her. If anyone was going to bring up Jasper and the others, it would be Bella. That is, if she is speaking. She overheard Ester and Danny talking to Chief Swan two days ago that she hardly says a word. He had come over here to check in and make sure everything was okay. They thought Liz was asleep, but she managed to sit at the top of the stairs and listen to the conversation in the kitchen. Apparently Bella was not getting better at all, her nightmares only getting worse and worse.