seven >>> intentions

[Three Years Later]

[Three Years Later]

"Your bag is on the floor next to the bed along with the...pencil."

I nod my head, remaining silent. I glance down to my hands continuing to mess with my fingers. "Thank you," I finally speak, keeping my eyes on my fingers. I could feel Lexa's eyes on me then, so I slowly turn my head meeting the young girl's eyes. But I let my eyes wonder seeing how Lexa's hair wasn't braided back. It was down, completely and all of it was pulled to the side. She didn't wear all her armor like she would when I'd see her. She also didn't have the war paint around her eyes. The girl was even more beautiful than from before.

"Why are you thanking me?"

"For the pencil..." I let my voice trail off seeing Lexa nod her head up an down. Yet she didn't pull her eyes away from mine.

"Your drawings seem important to you."

"Yeah...They are."

"May I ask why?" My eyes widen a bit. Nobody's never really asked me why I started drawing or why it's important. It made me...happy to finally be asked yet at the same time, a little sad. I tear my eyes away from Lexa a moment, looking out into the night letting a soft, shaky sigh escape my lips.

"My father and mother...They got me the journal and then supplies-" I pause a moment still feeling Lexa's eyes on my side profile. "I was frustrated when I first began, but my father began teaching me."

"Teaching you?" Lexa asks, confused like.

I nod my head, glancing down to the ground watching a grounder down below, walking the lonely street. "He showed me how to draw a horse. Up on the Arc we were told stories of horses and how people cared for them. When I came down to the ground and saw one...I couldn't believe my eyes. So I drew it. And anytime I look back through it I think of my father...He would've loved it."

"Where are your parents now?" Lexa wonders. I pick up my head and glance her way. Our eyes meet for a brief second than I look away.

"Th-They were floated..."

"Floated?" I nod my head, shutting my eyes a moment. Flashes of my mother and father in the tiny room waiting to be floated play through my mind. Quickly, I reach up my hand and wip at my eyes, catching the few tears that had slowly began running down my cheeks.

"Threw them into space..."

"Oh...I'm sorry Y/N-"

I shake my head from side to side, looking to the girl. "Don't be," I say. "It happened a while ago."

Our eyes stay locked. I look back and forth between the girl's eyes as she does mine.

My eyes stare at the Earth as my arms stay crossed over my chest. Every day began to be the same. Barely get sleep, draw/sketch, get up early come to this window and talk on a radio then just sit and wait.