twenty >>> no regret

"Y/N will you excuse us a moment?" I nod my head at Titus' words glancing to Lexa seeing her nod at me

"Y/N will you excuse us a moment?" I nod my head at Titus' words glancing to Lexa seeing her nod at me. I turn on my heels and walk towards the door. I walk out but stop a little outside just so no one inside Lexa's chambers could see me.

"On this sacred day, I beg you to remember my teachings. Love is weakness. To be Commander is to be alone," I hear Titus speak.

"I will not hear this again!" Lexa spoke up. I could hear the frustration, anger in her voice.

"Yes, you will!" Titus raises his voice. "Your feelings for Y/N put both of you in danger. Your kill order must be fully enforced. If you care for Y/N, you will send her home, it is the only way she will be safe. Don't make her pay the price for your mistakes as Costia did." I look to the ground remembering Lexa tell me about someone before. How they cut off her head. I clench my jaw and close my eyes.

"My mistakes? Azgeda cut of Costia's head and delivered it to my bed, and still, I let them into my alliance! I am more than capable of separating feelings from duty!" Lexa's voice rises more than I've ever heard it. I never in all my time knowing Lexa heard her speak like that.

"I'm sorry Lexa. I didn't mean to offend you."

"Yes you did..." Lexa's voice trails off a moment. "But you also mean well. And I know that, teacher." A heavy silence fills the room. I open my eyes and cross my arms over my chest seeing if I can hear anything else. That's when I hear Titus.

"May I make arrangements for Y/N's departure?"

"Y/N isn't leaving...I know where you stand, Titus," Lexa responds and that's when it goes silent. I sink my teeth into my jaw and slowly begin walking away, down the hall. My mind swirls thinking of Titus and Lexa. I knew Titus hates me. That hasn't been a secret. The moment I got here and I met him, I knew he hated me. But it's not like I could do anything about it. I was here for Lexa. At first I wasn't. I was a prisoner here, but as the days went by I felt this connection with this girl. I barely knew her but for some reason it was... easy. She was beautiful. Protective. Caring. Gentle. And so many other amazing and beautiful things. I can't imagine leaving her now. I couldn't. I wouldn't. I can't. I won't.

"Y/N?" I pick up my head looking to find Octavia. I stop walking and cross my arms across my chest. "You talk to Lexa?"

I nod my head up and down. "Yeah... The orders staying in affect. Titus set up a ride for you and Clarke to go," I say, clenching my jaw a bit.

"For us? You're not coming?" Octavia questions tilting her head to the side. I shake my head no. Octavia reaches out and grabs my arm, gently. "Y/N-"