twenty-four >>> prisoner

I jump awake feeling my breathes uneven

I jump awake feeling my breathes uneven. I close my eyes, regretting sitting up so fast, but knowing I didn't really have a choice. Once I managed to calm myself a bit, I go to reach up my hands, realizing they're bound together. I open my eyes quickly, before closing them and continuing to reach up to my head. My fingers glide through my forehead feeling a wet substance, which could only mean on thing. Blood.

I flinch, pulling my hands down. My eyes open slowly to meet my bloody fingers. I roll my eyes going to adjust my sitting position feeling a gentle hand on my knee. Quickly, I move away glancing up. I'm met with a young girl with beautiful green eyes. Her clothes were jacked up. Ripped and a bit dirty. She wore a piece of clothing as a headband, as her hair was braided back. My eyes scanned her, looking around at where I was, but she brought my attention back by standing up. Her green eyes staying on me while her face remained emotionless.

"Chon yu bilaik? (Who are you)" She spoke, her eyes appearing to soften. I back up a bit, my eyebrows furrowing looking to her. I have no idea what she said. Obviously it wasn't English nor Spanish or anything like that. It was weird. A little cool if I wasn't terrified, but I guess that's how the grounders communicate. Grounders...Last night? Or what time is it?

"Chon yu bilaik? (Who are you)?" She said again, tilting her head to the side. Slowly, I pull my knees up to my chest, shaking my head from side to side.

"I-I don't u-understand," I told her, gently allowing my eyes to search back and forth between hers. She doesn't look away. She doesn't flinch. She keeps her eyes directly on mine. A small sigh escapes her lips however as she turns and walks over to a rock. She begins messing with something. I try everything I can to see but it's no use. That is until she turns around with a cloth and a cup in each hand. She slowly walks over to me, bending down, setting the cup down on the ground. My eyes watch her closely as she begins to reach up her hand with the cloth. But me being the scaredy cat I am, I pull back my head looking away from her for a moment.

A silence fills the air. I can feel her eyes on me, so I slowly pick up my head, finding her piercing eyes. She tilts her head to the side. Her eyes moving back and forth between mine before she holds her hand out with the cloth, flickering her eyes up to my forehead. I clench my jaw fiddling with my thumbs as I stared at the girl before soon nodding my head up and down.

The girl before me nods and leans forward, beginning to lightly dab the cloth against my head. I flinch at the first touch but relax soon after seeing as the girl in front of me continues to be gentle. I feel myself relax, but still can feel the tenseness in me staying on guard just in case.

"What's your name?" I hear the girl ask in perfect English. My eyes flick up, widening. Yet, she doesn't look at me. Her gaze is fixed on what she's doing. And I sit there allowing her not knowing if I should answer. I mean the situation in its self is bad enough. I don't know where I am nor how I got here. Whoever this girl is, she's a grounder. She had to be. So why was she here, in this prison holding cell, so to speak?