Epilogue

My eyes flutter open as a cool breeze hits me

My eyes flutter open as a cool breeze hits me. It felt refreshing, nice and the view looked amazing when my eyes fully opened. Slowly I scanned the area finding a beach and an ocean. It was absolutely breathtaking. But a question rolled into my mind. Where the hell am I?

A low sigh escapes my lips as a flash of what happened hits me. Lexa dying. Me committing suicide. I basically did a Romeo and Juliet type of situation, then again mine was probably a bit worse. A small chuckle escapes my lips, not because it was funny but because I remember learning about that when I was on the Ark. A small smile stays planted on my lips as I look out to the water. It sparkled in the sunlight. Something I'd always imagined it would do.

"Y/N?" I hear my name and turn my head swiftly. When I do my eyes are met with beautiful green ones.

"Lexa..." I breathe out and without hesitation I run towards her as she runs to me. Once we get to one another our arms wrap around each other. I close my eyes feeling her embrace. Gentle but welcoming. It felt good, it felt like home. And we stay there for several moments before long we break apart. Our eyes lock as I feel Lexa's hands take a hold of mine.

"Why'd you do that?" Lexa asks, her eyes soft.

I shake my head from side to side. "I told you we'd meet again."

"Doesn't that put a whole different meeting to May we meet again?" A soft chuckle escapes from my lips as I tear my eyes away briefly then back to the girl. I nod my head shrugging.

"Possibly, but I couldn't live without you-" I pause then continue. "My first adventure to the ground was not something I expected it to turn out to be, especially when I was taken and held hostage by you and your people. But then I got to know you and grew to love you. You can be a very hard person to love Lexa Kom Trikru but at the end of the day you're my person. You were always going to be my person."

"I am?" I nod seeing Lexa's lip curl into a smile.

"And I know that you didn't like Raven and that you saw what happened-"

"That she kissed you and comforted you while you were..." Lexa lets her voice trail and I nod slowly.

"Yeah... But I know why she did it. It's the same reason why I kissed you and tried to comfort you when you were-" I pause looking back and forth between the girl's eyes. She wore a soft smile nodding her head slowly. "She loved me like I love you. And in the end she was always going to try and do her best to make sure I was safe and happy. I would do any of that for you even though you did hurt me in ways that shouldn't of happened, we have eternity to figure everything out. And I did what I did so I wouldn't have to spend another second away from you."

"But you should have lived your life. I'd always be with you."

"I know, but you would physically be there. I wouldn't be able to feel you, see you, talk to you face to face. I'd only have the memories and the images of you-" I pause again biting my lip. "And over time I know those images and the memories would begin to fade. They did with my parents, I just couldn't bare the thought of it happening to you." Lexa steps forward and cups my cheeks in her hands.

"You're extremely stupid but I'm glad you're here," Lexa whispers causing me to chuckle.

"This is the only place I wanna be," I whisper back before glancing down to the girl's lips. And within seconds I lean forward and lock our lips. Our eyes close and everything, for once, felt right. Everything felt like it was how it should be. And after all these years of meeting Lexa, being a prisoner to her, getting to know her and her many sides, to going through heaven and hell, sometimes back to hell, being apart from her for so long I know that the choice I made was the only choice I had. I could've stayed on the ground. I could've been with everyone else, but I wouldn't of been happy. Not like how Lexa makes me feel happy.

She's my person. My soulmate. My ride or die. Did she screw up? Yeah she did but I'm willing to forgive not forget but forgive. Plus now we have all the time in the world to make it up. We have all the time to just be us because after all these years of constant fighting and dying, being brought back to life and then constantly almost dying repeatedly this, this right here being in Lexa's arms is home. She's my home, always and forever.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 {𝒶 𝐿𝑒𝓍𝒶 𝓍 𝒴𝑜𝓊} 🎉