sixteen >>> between us two

I drop down as more gunshots are fired

I drop down as more gunshots are fired. I lean my back against the back of the wall glancing over to Lexa who's looking down but her face screams pain. I follow her eyes down to her arm seeing blood flooding out. Quickly I reach forward and place my hand over top of the wound.

"It's fine," Lexa whispers through her teeth but I shake my head.

"You know damn well it isn't," I whisper back picking up my hand and glancing briefly at the wound. When blood pours again I quickly place my hand back down feeling blood soak my hand. I bite my lip and swiftly reach over to Lexa's other hand and grab a hold of it and place it on top of mine. "Apply pressure." I remove my hand and make her place her own hand around her arm. I quickly take my book bag off and unzip it, fumbling with the zipper. When I finally get the bag unzipped I reach in and scrummage through for some medical supplies.

"Do you still draw?" Lexa asks just as I pull out some cloths and medicine. I pick up my head and see Lexa's eyes looking into my bag. I glance down before looking back up, this time our eyes locking and I nod my head up and down slowly. Lexa nods back looking down at her arm as I take the lid off of the medicine and grab some of the green stuff Lexa had put in my bag before placing me on the ship. I grab some and motion for Lexa to move her hand. Once she does I slap some of the stuff on and hear groans escape Lexa.

I sink my teeth into my bottom lip and grab a hold of the cloth wrapping it around the wound. "There. That should help," I whisper pulling away from her and placing the lid back on the jar before placing it back in my bag. I zip it up and throw the straps over my shoulder and leaning up against the wall that Lexa is against. Silence falls and my eyes wonder. There's no more gun shots, no more shouting. There's nothing but me and Lexa's low, heavy breathes. As we sit there I feel my hands begin to mess with one another, picking at the skin around my nails. I bite my lip before seeing Lexa's hand wrap around my hand even though dried blood covered my hands and her own.

"I didn't ship you like cargo Y/N. I did what I did to make sure you lived," Lexa whispers slowly. I remain quiet, keeping my eyes on our hands. "I know we haven't seen each other and I'm sorry."

"We should move," I whisper. "We don't know-" I stop feeling Lexa squeeze my hand.

"Please don't shut me out," Lexa whispers. I shake my head and pick it up slowly looking to Lexa. Our eyes meet and I can see sweat beading up on her face. Quickly I pull my hands away and reach up one of them, placing it to Lexa's forward. She wasn't hot but she wasn't cold either. I pull my hand away and lock our eyes once more.

"We should move. Find everyone," I say tearing my eyes away and slowly getting onto my feet. I peak over the tiny wall letting my eyes scan high, low. I search for a moment before nodding my head. "Cost looks clear. Come on." I stand up and help Lexa stand. We get to our feet and I look to her, knowing she had to be in more pain then she was letting on. A low, barely audible sigh escapes my lips as I just shake my head and grip onto my book bag straps pointing into a specific direction.