iii

y/n's pov
its been two days since clay and i went to panera and to be honest, we havent really done anything. we've just been hanging around in his house. it's been getting a little boring... i wonder what clays doing.

"clay!!" that yell definitely had a really bad voice crack on it. i giggled at my own voice crack and waited to see if clay would come around. i actually have no idea where he is... maybe if i get up and go look-

"boo." i felt hands on my shoudlers.

"OH MY GOD," i screamed so loud i jumped forward and fell on the floor. it clays good at anything, he's good at scaring the shit out of people.

clay fell to the ground clutching is stomach as he laughed his classic tea kettle wheeze.

"god, your so annoying." i couldn't help but laugh while i spoke. i mean, who wouldn't laugh when you have a human tea kettle next to you?

i stood up and brushed off my clothes. "you should really vacuum again," i laughed.

he looked up at me from the floor, still laughing but not at much as he was a little bit ago. his laugh and smile slowly faded so we ended up just staring at each other. if anyone saw the scenery, you'd probably think something weird is happening but in the moment, it felt nice. it felt nice just to look at him and admire his face.

"why are you looking at me like that...?" i laughed an awkward laugh. sometimes i forget that when i'm staring at someone and they're also staring back at me, that they can actually see me. don't mind my brain fart.

"because your really pretty." he sat him self up in the classic cris-cross applesauce style. i felt my face grow warm. what am i supposed to say to that? he clearly was trying to search my face for a response. instead,i just stared at him awkwardly.

clay flashed me a smile. "gotcha," he winked. and just like that, he stood up and walked away.

oh, it's on.

-

i walk upstairs to clay's room in hopes of finding something to do. i knock on the door a couple times.

"come in." i let myself in to see clay sprawled out on the bed.

"y'know, you don't need to knock. this is your room too." he sat up to give me room to sit next to him. i told him okay as i plopped down next to him.

"im bored, wanna do something?"

clay put is phone away and gave me a smile. "sure! do you wanna watch a movie?"

i gave him a simple nod. he got up to grab the remote and began to skim through movies.

"hm... let's watch," he turned his head to me and smirked. "annabelle." i roll my eyes. he knows i'm not a fan of horror movies.

"really?" clay just nodded his head up and down aggressively and then left to grab popcorn.

-

we laid down on the bed, shoulder to shoulder. the lights were off and the popcorn was in front of us. (i've never watched annabelle but i'm just assuming it has jump scares.) the first hour of the movie was fine but, of course, there was a jump scare. at the moment i wasn't expecting it but i ended up jumping and hid my face in clay's shoulder as i turned away from the tv.

clay's pov
i knew there was a jump scare coming up and i figured maybe y/n would scream or something funny, but i didn't except her to bury her face into my shoulder. not that i minded... it was cute.

i lifted my arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to me. she turned her face back to the tv and she rested her head on my shoulder. i leaned my head against her's very lighting, careful not to hurt her. her hair smelled like flowers and the ocean... damn, why do girl's hair always smell so good?